BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Environment  Hop To Forums  General Environmental Discussion    Natural Gas - A Solution?

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Natural Gas - A Solution?
 Login/Join

posted
Hello all,
First time poster here. The controversy about whether natural gas is a viable and greener energy source than our current means of generating electricity is a hotly debated topic. I made a video that I think is very relevant to this topic as well as our energy future, and I encourage you to check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...sLY&feature=youtu.be

posted Hide Post
Business as usual is not an option: apart from environmental concerns, fossil fuel reserves including NG are finite.
Reduce first- easy and effective.
Switch to non fossil power sources, buy local, scrap the hummer etc.

Re-use- compost your organic "waste" including leaves, wood detritus etc anaerobically to make methane (aka natural gas) and have a nitrogen rich fertilizer as a byproduct.

Recycle your old thinking about anything like business as usual.

Keep on having a nice day Smile

Location: Vancouver Island, Canada | Registered: September 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
By The Way:
Fracking by which much NG is obtained is very bad news.
Liquefaction of NG for shipping requires an insane amount of power-

Refuse to subsidize the energy/health/enviro/military demands of fossil fuels:
And keep on having a nice day Wink

Location: Vancouver Island, Canada | Registered: September 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dslot12:
Hello all,
First time poster here. The controversy about whether natural gas is a viable and greener energy source than our current means of generating electricity is a hotly debated topic. I made a video that I think is very relevant to this topic as well as our energy future, and I encourage you to check it out!

Hi! Nice video! I really enjoy watching it. Unfortunately I do not think this is an option for heavy industry. However, most likely it can be possible in near future.

Tory

This message has been edited. Last edited by: The Trouts,

Location: New York | Registered: September 25, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post