BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Environment  Hop To Forums  General Environmental Discussion    Whose Medicine Am I Taking? Whose Medicine Am I Taking?

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whose Medicine Am I Taking? Whose Medicine Am I Taking?
 Login/Join

posted
Whose Medicine Am I Taking?

Hi i found some really cool article about wha drugs and how they they are production is

affecting our environment

Millions of steroids, anti-depressants, antibiotics, sex hormones, drugs for cancer and heart

disease and other drugs Americans swallow every day end up in our sewage, reappear in our

drinking water and are consumed again …not, of course, by those for whom they were

intended.

More recently, an investigative team from the Associated Press (AP) surveyed the water

source for 50 major cities in the U.S. as well as the water source for 52 smaller

communities. The study found up to 56 drug chemicals in the drinking water in some areas

and the widespread presence of pharmaceuticals in the drinking water of more than 41

million Americans.

You can read more from this link check it out and let's discuss it

http://findgreenstuff.com/index.php?option=com_content&...rticle&id=1783:whose

-medicine-am-i-taking&catid=13Razzlanet-helper&Itemid=49

posted Hide Post
The Disappearing Male

"We are conducting a vast toxicological experiment in which our children and our children's children are the experimental subjects." Dr. Herbert Needleman

/The Disappearing Male/ is about one of the most important, and least publicized, issues facing the human species: the toxic threat to the male reproductive system.

The last few decades have seen steady and dramatic increases in the incidence of boys and young men suffering from genital deformities, low sperm count, sperm abnormalities and testicular cancer. baby Some researchers say that declining male fertility rates could be the first sign of extinction.

At the same time, boys are now far more at risk of suffering from ADHD, autism, Tourette's syndrome, cerebral palsy, and dyslexia.

/The Disappearing Male/ takes a close and disturbing look at what many doctors and researchers now suspect are responsible for many of these problems: a class of common chemicals that are ubiquitous in our world.

Found in everything from shampoo, sunglasses, meat and dairy products, carpet, cosmetics and baby bottles, they are called "hormone mimicking" or "endocrine disrupting" chemicals and they may be starting to damage the most basic building blocks of human development.

In our modern society the average college male has half the sperm count of his father at that age and 85% of those sperm are abnormal.

Male birth rates are declining in industrialized countries throughout the world.

In the under-developed countries where these chemicals in the environment are far less prevalent, male birth rates are normal. The dominant religion in the under-developed world is Islam. The implications of this are profound.

The documentary is available on line at this link:

http://www.cbc.ca/documentaries/docz...appearingmale/

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad we have septic tanks in the Country.

126 diesels yahoo groups
83 SD straight exhaust 94 Cobra
Cold air,real cold.Cobra electric radiator fan,Monark nozzles,10 psi electric fuel pump.85 amp alternator 12" subs.23 psi boost, 30 micron filter,an 5 micron filter added
2 tank,wvo,boost guage ,line heaters,coolant heater Fattywagons customer. 99 S320 with 75 more hp.

Location: Bristol Tennessee | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Glad we have septic tanks in the Country.

Yep, and my own private well. The only thing I need to worry about in my water is getting a bit more nitrogen fertilizer than is recommended, from it leach from the fields around the house. Only a problem for nursing mothers and infants...and there aren't any of those in my house anymore!

Location: Southern WI, USA | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read an article some years back about alligators in the Everglades being artificially inseminated because the male alligator penis had shrunk due to pollution and couldn't get the job done?

Location: Nimbin Australia | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan P.:
Yep, and my own private well. The only thing I need to worry about in my water is getting a bit more nitrogen fertilizer than is recommended,
Interesting. How far is your septic field from your well?
Where I grew up there was no town water or sewage. When they started building sub divisions each house had it's own septic tank and well.
Turns out these people were recycling their sewage 50 years before it became fashionable.
High Nitrogen content of well water is an indication of feces contamination.

Location: Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
So, what is the proper way to get rid of "extra" medication?
Send it back to the factory so it can be recycled?
Incinerate it, or treat it as hazardous waste?

Nope...
Flush it down the toilet !!!

Of course, many meds are also naturally excreted intact.

Once the rivers of the world start looking like the Ganges river, perhaps people will take notice.

Location: Oregon | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, what is the proper way to get rid of "extra" medication?

Most pharmacies will take unwanted medication and properly dispose of it.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sinbad:
I read an article some years back about alligators in the Everglades being artificially inseminated because the male alligator penis had shrunk due to pollution and couldn't get the job done?

Sounds like something that originated in the Seminole propaganda mill at Florida State University

Biogator

'87 Mercedes-Benz 300D "Janis"
Cub Cadet 7260 tractor

Location: Sunny Florida | Registered: April 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Something more terrifying than that is the fact that many of your prescription drugs come from China these days, yeah, that's right, the people who can't make dog food, making your prescription meds.

Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
many of your prescription drugs come from China these days, yeah, that's right, the people who can't make dog food

They can make dogfood [and all sorts of 'humanfood'] just fine, and real cheap too. There are a few inconvenient facts like, 90% of ALL of China's water is contaminated by our standards. A level of corruption blurrs the enforcement of what sparse 'food safe' regulations that exist. Toothpaste or weather-seal caulk, the difference might be mostly flavoring and the size of the bribe. "Safe Chinese Food or Drugs" is a multidimensional oxymoron.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fabricator:
Something more terrifying than that is the fact that many of your prescription drugs come from China these days, yeah, that's right, the people who can't make dog food, making your prescription meds.
Uhhh...
Most prescription drugs are repackaged by the vendor... And I don't think they tell you where they are made.

You can, of course, ask for the name-brand meds rather than generics.

I suppose that I trust that the Active Ingredients are actually what is supposed to be in the medications. However, many medications have "inactive ingredients", and the regulation on those is much less strict. Or manufacturing differences could lead to the generic medications being different than the drugs that were tested & proven with clinical trials.

The problem with the Chinese is that many businesspeople will cut corners to make a few pennies.

What happened with the Dogfood was that most manufacturers manipulate the Protein content in the dogfood (which is listed on the label). The Chinese discovered a synthetic molecule that wasn't one of the 20 amino acids, but fooled the protein tests to make it look like the protein content was higher than it actually was. Since it was neither a protein or an amino acid, there was no reason to expect the molecule could be utilized as protein, and thus they were making dogfood that reported higher protein values than it actually had. It wasn't an accident... it was FRAUD... What they didn't count on was the toxicity of this molecule which hadn't been fully tested. Thank God it wasn't put in human breakfast cereal or similar.

I can't say the American Businesspeople who export American Jobs to China and buy the stuff they really don't understand are any better. But there are some things we should keep control of in the USA.

Of course it isn't just the Chinese... The Austrians have put Antifreeze in their wine, and the Italians put Methanol in theirs.

Location: Oregon | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
What they didn't count on was the toxicity of this molecule which hadn't been fully tested. Thank God it wasn't put in human breakfast cereal or similar.

The same compound, melamine, was also used as a milk and baby formula additive. Nothing from China should be eaten.