BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Diesel vehicles and other diesel equipment  Hop To Forums  GMC 6.2 and 6.5    94 6.5 TD THINKING OF GOING VEG

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

94 6.5 TD THINKING OF GOING VEG
 Login/Join

posted
I have been looking into possibly going to a vegie fuel in my 94 6.5 td. Only problem is that I really just want to be able to make cheap fuel easy and do it by adding ingredients to recycled oil, and I have no idea where to start. First off, I dont know jack about diesels, but the one in my truck has less than 150k miles and is an absolute beast. However, as well as it runs, I want a better way to travel than paying $3.75 to drive it 12 miles! I have seen some sort of mix with a product Diesel Secret or something, but I am not willing to destroy my motor for any amount of money. I also have no desire to install new tanks, heaters and modifications if I dont need to. So I am open to ideas and suggestions here. Please give me some input and direction. Thank you!

Location: AZ | Registered: March 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i run bio in my 97 6.5 no problem, and my 2k tdi vw bug, far better that you build a processor and make your own bio, I get about 26 mpg on the burb and 45 on the bug, in the winter i run a bio 50 and have heaters in both. you will do most of the work in colecting the oil, and filtering it anyway, and the expense of setup for running just one vehical on wvo, so just do the next next step and make bio.

Location: nj | Registered: March 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
ly

this year after about 30k miles i had to replace the injector pump, and lines, a rebuilt pump and line kit from a company in Tennessee cost 35o. and 300 labor to swap out. truck has 180 miles, bio may not have been the issue.

posted Hide Post
walter, I am curious about this company in Tennessee that rebuilds them. Whats the name and where are they located please?

posted Hide Post
diesel care 800 961 9290 memphis great compapny good wb site found them on ebay

posted Hide Post
quote:
Diesel Secret or something, but I am not willing to destroy my motor for any amount of money. I also have no desire to install new tanks, heaters and modifications if I dont need to. So I am open to ideas and suggestions here.

diesel secret is a scam, check dudadisel website, he has a article explaining the scam, in detail,

posted Hide Post
Thank you! I may not convert then. I just dont want to spend a couple grand to convert my system, and I dont know much about it yet, but having heaters to heat fuel kind of concerns me. I am not very mechanically inclined

posted Hide Post
the burb comes with a heater standard as part of the diesel package, or a block heater is only about 50 to 150 tops, depending on what you choose, i just put a hot water heater in the vw for $150 that heats the coolant so not only is the engine warm to 150 degrees but you also have instant heat when you get in in the car , love it. simple, went in the heater hose, took a half hour.

posted Hide Post
that was 180k on my burb, and one line was cracked whick may have blew the pump