BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Straight Vegetable Oil (SVO) as fuel  Hop To Forums  SVO as a heating oil    Looking for low-pressure gun burner
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for low-pressure gun burner
 Login/Join

posted
Greetings-this is my first posting on what appears to be a very interesting forum. I reside in coastal New England, and among other occupations am a Massachusetts-licensed oil burner technician. I have been trying-so far without success-to locate a low-pressure-atomizing "gun" burner, such as the Williams Oil-O-Matic referenced in this thread; another brand would be the Winkler low-pressure burner using the Combustioneer "Hydra-Vated" fuel unit.

It is noteworthy that the Williams design first appeared in 1927; early ads touted its ability to burn straight vegetable oil, heavy or light fuel oil equally well. Tellingly, within a few years, their ads abruptly ceased all mention of vegetable oils.

I have long wanted to experiment with these burners, but so far have found them impossible to find anywhere. I have to believe that somewhere, in some dusty, forgotten basement, attic or garage, one of these venerable machines is lying around. Any ideas?