BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Straight Vegetable Oil (SVO) as fuel  Hop To Forums  SVO as a heating oil    industrial boilers that use SVO and/or glycerin
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

industrial boilers that use SVO and/or glycerin
 Login/Join

posted
I am interested in industrial boilers that use SVO and/or glycerin.
Any information is greatly appreciated.

posted Hide Post
Are you interested in complete boiler systems of just a burner? Do a general web search for "heavy oil boiler" or "heavy oil burner" and you should find tons of info on big commercial boilers for apartment buildings or industrial heating. these usually use a continuous natural gas igniter flame and steam to preheat and atomize the thick oil. There is also at least one smaller burner similar to a home fueloil burner size, it is listed as an incinerator so search for that, it has two fuel feeds, one uses fueloil and is the main burn, the second input is for whatever you want to incinerate, someplace I read it consumes glycerin reliably as the second fuel.

Searching the web for "waste oil burner" should find you several smaller complete lube,hydraulic, waste oil burning heating units large enough to heat up to a 5 bay commercial auto repair garage that run automatically and unattended, some state they will burn veg but when you read the fine print you will find you need to blend in a good bit of normal fueloil with the veg for them to burn it reliably, none that I have read about burn glycerin.

You might look through the "biodiesel for heating" section under the "biodiesel" forum, lots of smaller home heating sized straight veg burners discussed there.

Location: fisher,illinois,usa | Registered: June 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post