BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Straight Vegetable Oil (SVO) as fuel  Hop To Forums  SVO as a heating oil    DIY $300 WVO Home Heating Oil Pressure Conversion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DIY $300 WVO Home Heating Oil Pressure Conversion
 Login/Join

posted
I just updated my blog with an article about how I converted a Becket oil burner to run on waste oil.
I hope to upgrade to a syphon burner soon, but this simple and cheap conversion got me through the winter.

Location: BURLINGTON NJ | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, over 200 views and no questions or comments. I have working on posting info about my new syphon system based on CKBurners kit. I have the constant level tank details and a pic or two of the whole thing up and running on my blog. The rest of the details should be up soon. I'm moving slow because I have a lot on my plate right now, but it is getting done.

Location: BURLINGTON NJ | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What conversions did you? Heat exchanger in front of fire box for the oil should be about it? Or did you have to do some rejecting if so........what size jet seemed to work

posted Hide Post
Never mind just read your blog. Great info! Looks do-able.I obtained an old navy oil boiler off of a ship. It was in use in a honey making operation until about 2 years ago. It was originally an oil boiler but was converted to natural gas. Do you think I will need to get a whole new burner or just nosel and other burner components? brent@grampashoney.com