BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  More Renewable Energy  Hop To Forums  Renewable Energy (Other than Biodiesel & SVO)    Know about hydrogen fuelled taxis

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Know about hydrogen fuelled taxis
 Login/Join

posted
Scientists from Britain have developed a new taxi cab that can run with the help of hydrogen fuel cell technology developed recently.

Question:
Know about hydrogen fuelled taxis

Choices:
Latest Energy News
Energy News

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TORRES101,

posted Hide Post
People generally don't like links that take us nowhere.

References are good.
Spam is not.

Anyway, it sounds like a great car, especially if it is truly a fuel cell --> electric. Hydrogen, of course, still needs to be manufactured though. Easy to do, but energy intensive. And, there are still potential issues with refilling and transport of hydrogen.

Location: Oregon | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hydrogen fuel is pantload of big oil's wet dream.

'05 CRD B100
'01 TDi B100

Location: Colorado | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just attended an alternative fuel car show. I spoke to the reps from Mercedes Benz F-Cell about hydrogen. They expect 13 fueling stations in Califonia by 2013. Yeah, right. Sorry folks, in my opinion, hydrogen-powered vehicles are a dream. It would cost too much to create an infrastructure to support and fuel them. Currently, Mercedes Benz will only lease them for $389 a month. Forget that noise.

dshaw

Location: Sierra Vista, AZ | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post