BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  More Renewable Energy  Hop To Forums  Renewable Energy (Other than Biodiesel & SVO)    Is Supplemental hydrogen injection a hoax or for real?
Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Supplemental hydrogen injection a hoax or for real?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
For sure.

If you use solar energy to generate and compress hydrogen into tank you can use in your vehicle then for sure your fossil fuel MPG will increase. If you had en electric car, using the same solar panels to charge batteries would give even more 'free' energy.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was recently going through some old books in a neighbours garage and came across a few editions of Popular mechanics/ science from the 50's. There was an article in one of them about someone developing a system to save " gas" by using water to make hydrogen.

Typically it sounded like cars would be running on water in no time and in a few years gas stations would be a thing of the past.
Seems we are still waiting.

One day, in the distant future this may be possible but right now and while ever there is the vast and incomprehensible infrastructure and profits in oil, it's Never going to happen nor will any other alternative fuel come near the mainstream.

In the meantime, dreamers and scammers will always come along making wild claims with no actual evidence to support their promises of things they don't even realise have been touted endlessly the same way over the last 50 years with the same result... Nothing.

There are ways of making fuel from garbage that have been demonstrated efficiently and viably to work and done on a backyard basis but there is little pie in the sky razzmatazz about this because it requires effort and there are few ways to scam peoples money out of it.
If people were fair dinkum about saving fuel, they would be looking to the proven rather than unproven methods.

But then again, it's clear that the fantasy is more important than the facts to many.

posted Hide Post
I'll have to look into the solar thing. I have been conjuring up ideas on solar power for my house to ease the burden form the power company and I could tap into that for this hydrogen genorator project.

Also I have read that you have to adjust fuel mapping for the best results and thinking I might have to mae it adjustable just in case I run out of hydrogen in the middle of BFE and have to go to the fuel mapping setting before the added hydrogen.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wire_dog_0613:
I'll have to look into the solar thing. I have been conjuring up ideas on solar power for my house to ease the burden form the power company and I could tap into that for this hydrogen genorator project.

Also I have read that you have to adjust fuel mapping for the best results and thinking I might have to mae it adjustable just in case I run out of hydrogen in the middle of BFE and have to go to the fuel mapping setting before the added hydrogen.

If you are researching this, stop looking at what you want to believe and look into what you don't.
If you do that you'll end up finding a lot of info that is based on facts, physics and laws of science. They will give you demonstrable reasons why it CAN"T work.
All the crap I have seen with this Hydrogen scam amounts to some hillbilly wiring up a gas system with a couple of bits of fencing wire, a rusty tin can and a flat radio battery and claiming he got 20 MPG better off. There has not been a single verified instance of this Hydrogen rubbish working as promoted by any of the shysters promoting it.

IF you are so interested in using an alternative fuel to save on alternative fuel use as is the subject of this forum, you would be far better off looking at methane gas production and use.
I have just started with this and can vouch it's easy to setup and produce, there is no question of the energy returns ( it's fuelled by kitchen and garden scraps) and off the shelf gas fumigation systems are available that could be easily tuned to work effectively with REAL results.

That said, Why the hell you would want to fool about producing, compressing and then using any gas in a WVO/ Bio fueled vehicle is beyond me.
You would be far better off cost and efficiency wise to put the money you save from that solar or Bio gas system in your home energy consumption towards Conventional alternative vehicle fueling.

posted Hide Post
If I understand your saying, with the money saved with the home power/energy projects to buy I high def tv (jk) and spend that money and time with other things? Your probably right it seemed sketchy anyways.