BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  More Renewable Energy  Hop To Forums  Renewable Energy (Other than Biodiesel & SVO)    Is Supplemental hydrogen injection a hoax or for real?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 38

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Supplemental hydrogen injection a hoax or for real?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
This is VERY exciting stuff. I really do pray that this is going to reduce our dependency on oil.
I have three gas car's ready to have this kit installed...not to mention many friends and family.
Just as soon as this company (or any company selling these kits or plans) has a scientific double blind study performed by a reputable and independant research company...I am all over this H2 stuff.
So, you guys who are following this new technology...let us know when we have some good proof that this stuff works.
As soon as they are able to show these increases in mileage are possible (by having it tested as mentioned above) I, and I'm sure millions of others, will be purchasing the kits.

posted Hide Post
Yes, I suppose this is a very exciting way to take money from easily conned people. Greenwashed hucksters about these days, and the dumbed down populace is so ripe for the picking.

The really cool systems get their power from a wind turbine mounted on the car.

Apparently it works even better if you wear a "Q ray" bracelet.

These H2 systems are so good that all the major auto manufacturers will be incorporating them in their new models, so they can claim a 50% increase in fuel economy.

If this looks attractive then I've got links to some investment councilors in Nigeria.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yes, that was kind of my point.
I imagine we will NEVER here how this product was tested using the gold standard of double blind studies by a REPUTABLE and independant research company.
Both you and I know it will never happen.
But, these people persist as there are plenty of people who will pay without actually seeing any proof that it works.
Boggles the mind.

posted Hide Post
Bill,

THe 5-7% hydrogen needed is from Bill Macalister at the American Hydrogen Association.
I'll Let you know when I get my little 5 horse engine set up for some tests.
Lots of arm chair chemists out there.

Dave

2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel.
Woodmizer Sawmill with 42 hp Kabota diesel.
JD loader
B100 in summer....blends in Winter depending on weather.
GL 300 liter processor
Building a 400 liter GL Push Pull

Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains, California | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can introduce you to 30+ year science teacher and his farmer brother who will tell you that it is NOT possible to make biodiesel from used cooking oil. Does that make you want to stop wasting your time with that also.I know from experiance that I can do it. And GM and ford are planing a Diesel-hydrogen pickup for 2009. Somebody better let them know "It doesn't work"

posted Hide Post
The only science proven, is from the idea that started it. john galt makeing hydrogen is so easy a caveman can do it.

posted Hide Post
antifuel1 you have a PM

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
go to savefuel.ca they are the biggest in canada from what i can find units start as low as 250 to 650 and for diesels around 1000.
there also is greenbenz.com that will have some hydrogen units in a month i will be installing one in my car next week. from my finding these unit will give you 10% in a regular car reduce emission by 14% (found a federal study) some clame 30% (i,m not so sure) on diesels runing clean vegie (300 sd I5 3.0l) from 32mpg to 59 mpg? I,ll post next week once i have it runnig.

posted Hide Post
Sigh. Just be careful you don't create a black hole with your zero point energy machine, and destroy what earth we have left.

'05 CRD B100
'01 TDi B100

Location: Colorado | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UFO,
quote:
Sigh. Just be careful you don't create a black hole with your zero point energy machine, and destroy what earth we have left.

I am not yet convinced that this works effectively, and under what condition, but don't discount it as nonsense too fast.

There is at lease one major company using and selling a version of this technology with lots of satisfied customers. They promise fuel savings to truckers and offer a $ back guarantee. They are not real open about sharing how their system works, but that is understandable, from a business POV.

Here is a link to them: Canadian Hydrogen Energy Company

They seemed pretty legit, when I spoke to them.

Andrew

http://biodieselcommunity.org
03 Dodge 2500 B100 homebrew
79 Rabbit B100 homebrew

Location: Northern California | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ok a friend of mine has just got a used dodge sprinter van, I think its a 04 ? so any way he just installed a hydrogen system in his and he payed the guy who makes the unit to install it and make it etc and the whole deal coust him less than $300.
My buddy said before he put in the system he got like 23 MPG or maybe a little better sometimes, and now with the system installed he gets over 30 MPG!
But he has to add watter often, like 3-4 times per tank of fuel consumed.

this is all I know...
here is the link to the website:

http://water4gas.com/2books.htm

posted Hide Post
For what it's worth, I also bought the plans off the internet for $45.00. They, the people I bought it from say to let other people know about it so I have given the plans to a number of friends. Expensive? Not really. I have 2 units running right now. One in my Diesel Ford f250 and 1 in my sons Toyota pickup. I can't tell about the gas milage since I use SVO and my son doesn't keep his pickup filled up. It does make starting easier and quiets my Diesel. It costs less than $20.00 for enough parts to do all of my vehicles. Want the plans? Email me!! I'd like to add a couple of things since I posted this. 1) If you email me, put "HYDROGEN" in the subject. 2) Ive been checking since I posted this and found that plates work better than wire. Check www.youtube.com and type in hydrogen. You will be amazed at all the information that is there. If you ant me to send the plans to you, plaese send them directly to me, and not thru this forum. Also, if I sent you ways to save gas instead of the hydrogen plans, email me again, I didn't realize I was sending the wrong files!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dyoungen,

Location: Hawkinsville, Ga. 31036 | Registered: October 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dyoungen,
You have a PM. I'm very interested.

For those of you who are willing to sign it off so quickly, it's amazing how many people use the same arguments against anything/everything before it hits critical mass.

"If it were that good, everyone would do it/the big car companies would do it..."
No. Not true. Not yet, at least. Give it time, and that argument will be correct -- I don't think that's the case yet. It sure isn't with BioDiesel.

Personally, I like the idea that the backyard guys are interested in it enough to take a critical look and see if it helps them.

"There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots..."
Pictures of building my processor

Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2013 sponsor
posted Hide Post
I have two different sets of friends working on Hydrogen generators in their vehicles. It seems to me the question is monitoring the fuel/air mixture so you don't grenade the engine. One already has blown up a motor in a Yukon. Ouch!

From talking with these guys I have no question that you can efficiently produce hydrogen. How can you monitor the engine to make sure you are doing it safely?

2002 F-250, 7.3l on WVO since '04
'82 VW Rabbit diesel 1.6l na
'83 GMC 6.2l Class C RV
'85 F-350, 6.9l flat bed
'85 E-350, 6.9l cube van
2 Mercedes 300SD's
3 Chinese Changfa-style diesel generators- 12kw, 8kw & 7.5kw
Mitsubishi 3 cyl diesel generator/light tower
Kubota 2 cyl. diesel, water cooled air compressor
Onan 12.5kw air-cooled diesel genset
I run my company entirely on renewable energy including electricity from generators running on biofuels.

Location: El Dorado, Ark | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The real and only question is how much energy in against how much energy out, and right now today the energy required to produce enough hydrogen to make noticeable difference exceeds the energy out guaranteed, simple physics.

Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone have any updates on systems that they are running?
Results?
Where did you get it/plans?
Overall cost?

posted Hide Post
Hello all. Just joined this forum, and read all the posts before deciding to comment. Been looking into supplemental fuels for a while,and have cooked some veggie diesel as well as waste oil diesel. But what I want to talk about is Hydrogen. I've been reading everything I can get a hold of for a while, and I've become a believer!!
I've waded through the sites selling the kits for anywhere from $150 to $15,000, and I think they all work to a degree. The big question seems to be whether they are producing Hydrogen, a fuel, or H2O2, a fuel supplement?? CHEC has a $15,000 unit they make for semi trucks, and they say they will guarantee in writing that you will see a 10% increase in fuel economy. The catch seems to be that you have to buy the water for the unit from them! Also, I find they are currently in court over proprietary right to the technology with another company, so I'd steer clear of them for now at least. And I've had some communication from savefuel.ca, but something about them just doesn't seem right, so I haven't bought anything from them either. From all the info I've gathered, it seems like us backyard guys are going to have to do all the science on this thing, and then get it out to the people...
My thanks to a member who sent me plans to build my own, which I plan to do in the near future.
A buddy of mine in PA has just built one, and will be trying it out tomorrow on his Dodge pickup with a Cummins turbo diesel. We were going to build it together, but he jumped the gun, and did it... my fault for procrastinating!! I will be posting findings as we get them, and also when I get mine installed.
The most important thing is to use the empirical method for determining results. Establish a base mileage for the vehicle. Always buy fuel from the same source if possible. Always fill the tank to the top.
Do not alter driving habits or do any other mods at the same time. And most importantly, keep records! When I experimented with acetone, I kept scrupulous records, 'cuz I had to know if it was real. And it is! I'm hoping Hydrogen injection will prove to be the same...
Sorry for such a long post, but I had to say it all, and hope we can all share our findings, as fuel goes up over $5.00 a gallon!!

Location: Canada | Registered: May 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you use acetone as an additive to diesel fuel? I am interested in giving that a try.

Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Fabricator; yes, I use it on my 60 series Detroit. I don't get the results I got in the car, but I do get from 5 to 7% better fuel. The other benefit is no smoke, and my emissions are so low I got a two year pass on the E-test. If you type acetone into your browser, look for the site by Louis LaPointe. There's just a ton of stuff in there, along with the testing they have done. It works out to about 1/2 of 1% of fuel, or 1 oz to each ten gallons of fuel. Start there as a base, then experiment with a bit more or less, till you find the best ratio for your truck. Hope this helps.

Location: Canada | Registered: May 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am wondering what response the people who were so sure it would not work have to the results posted here by Icymudpuppy.

People might not be ready to eat their hats (yet), but it looks pretty promising when one of our own gets this kind of improvement, no?

Thoughts?

Andrew

http://biodieselcommunity.org
03 Dodge 2500 B100 homebrew
79 Rabbit B100 homebrew

Location: Northern California | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post