New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hydrogen Booster
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Icymudpuppy,
What year is your hho f-250? Where did you plumb your hho feed line into your engine? I am about 3 days away from turning on my water4gas set-up on my 99 7.3 turbo. I will have 4 jar cells running at 6 volts each. The only thing that has scared me about this is a flashback explosion, so I have installed a Oxygen regulator flashback flame arrestor with the check valve removed due to low vacumm near the turbo charger. I havent bench tested it yet to see how effective it is to a flashback. Any input is well taken.

Raznrat
Houston TX

Location: houston tx | Registered: March 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Raznrat,
quote:
I am about 3 days away from turning on my water4gas set-up on my 99 7.3 turbo.

Let us know how it works.

Andrew

http://biodieselcommunity.org
03 Dodge 2500 B100 homebrew
79 Rabbit B100 homebrew

Location: Northern California | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by raznrat:
Icymudpuppy,
What year is your hho f-250? Where did you plumb your hho feed line into your engine? The only thing that has scared me about this is a flashback explosion

Mine is a 2000. 7.3L.

I plumbed the HH and O lines into my air intake manifold just after the Air Filter, and before the turbo.

The engine and turbo is sucking the air really strong. I don't see how any flashback could occur in my engine.

-Jack

Many Thanks to my Sponsors
Darby's Cafe, (Olympia, WA)
Judy's Country Kitchen, (Centralia, WA)
The Thai Dish (Centralia, WA)
GiGi's Teriyaki (Centralia, WA)

Location: Centralia, WA | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Icymudpuppy:
Please keep us updated on this. After reading about your project I've looked into this & am thinking of getting the same unit or making one.
I have an '06 Dodge Ram 2500 with 5.9L Cummins. It's got 24,000 miles, completely stock & running B-10. I'm getting 20.5 mpg average. I drive about 550 miles per week mostly highway miles. I'm trying to get all the info I can before I spend the bucks & put something on a $40,000 truck that's not paid for yet. Your post is very helpful compared to most of the B.S. I've been sifting through on the web. Again, thanks for the reports & keep it up.
Bob

Location: Battle Creek, Mi. | Registered: June 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, As I've said before, I am a poor engineer. However, my stepdad is a mechanic in the classic sense, and he looked at the design on my system, and the designs shown for a couple other brands online and decided to build his own unit for his 4x4 dodge Ram.

For about $75 in parts, he built a unit that got him from 13mpg to 18mpg, a 38% improvement.

No need to purchase a kit for hundreds if you have good electrical skills, and some creativity.

-Jack

Location: Centralia, WA | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icymudpuppy:
Okay, As I've said before, I am a poor engineer. However, my stepdad is a mechanic in the classic sense, and he looked at the design on my system, and the designs shown for a couple other brands online and decided to build his own unit for his 4x4 dodge Ram.

For about $75 in parts, he built a unit that got him from 13mpg to 18mpg, a 38% improvement.

No need to purchase a kit for hundreds if you have good electrical skills, and some creativity.

-Jack
From my previous posts, you will know I am a skeptic of this stuff. I am confident there may be a marginal benefit, and a hard ceiling on mileage gains; lots of people here would appreciate any pictures or diagrams of your stepdad's system. I'd like to try to duplicate it on another vehicle.

'05 CRD B100
'01 TDi B100

Location: Colorado | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The engine and turbo is sucking the air really strong. I don't see how any flashback could occur in my engine.

A small container (like a inline fuel filter size)loosely filled with stainless steel (pot scrubber material) should quench any flashback by absorbing the heat.

That works well for fuel vapors but I don't know about Hydrogen

Standard disclaimer applies Smile

21 years off the grid and counting

Location: Muskoka, Ont, Can | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Mudpuppy, ever been to Gig Harbor? Lived there in '78 when I was working in Tacoma on the pumping stations for the North Slope. Cool Place!
Getting the stuff together for my tero gen. Will let you know how it goes.
Bob

Location: Battle Creek, Mi. | Registered: June 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was just there (gig harbor) day before yesterday to buy an '82 VW Diesel Jetta w/ an Elsbett system that I found on Craigslist.

Anyway, My stepdad is getting some pics for me.

I'll post them as soon as I get them.

-Jack

posted Hide Post
Icymudpuppy, I was just wondering if you are still running HHO, and how it is working for you?

thanks
Jason

Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icymudpuppy:
quote:

This is one of those "sounds too good to be true" and is looking that way more and more. A buddy did some research. The main guy has a long track record of fraud including time behind bars for it.

Sad... I was really hopeful.

Sounds like the Lovecraft of the Hydrogen world.

Leading an eco-friendly livestyle is possible. Hydro Energy is not an hoax or an urban legend.If you're looking for information in the field of alternative energy powers there are some information We know everything about high-efficient water turbines, automation for Small Hydropower Stations and trash-rack cleaning machines