BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel Connections  Hop To Forums  Canada Biodiesel    anyone in and around hamilton ontario want to start a co-op
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

anyone in and around hamilton ontario want to start a co-op
 Login/Join

posted
hi just starting up, almost done building appleseed processor, just wanted to know if anyone in hamilton area wanted to help produce biodiesel.

posted Hide Post
I would be Interested in a Coop.
I have been planing a setup myself.

posted Hide Post
hey pcguru have you had any luck in getting started? i'm just about to start cookin, no leaks in reator or wash tank, gonna do a small batch first about 10 gallons but i have to wait for some filters to be delivered do you wanna help?
ive sent a email to "biodiesel hamilton" to see if he can help, maybe the three of us can get together.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1biodude:
hey pcguru have you had any luck in getting started? i'm just about to start cookin, no leaks in reator or wash tank, gonna do a small batch first about 10 gallons but i have to wait for some filters to be delivered do you wanna help?
ive sent a email to "biodiesel hamilton" to see if he can help, maybe the three of us can get together.

Just signed on as a new member. Just started reading about Biodiesel about 10 days ago. Reading everything in sight. Told my wife we have to sell our cars and get a diesel. She is getting suspicious. Will not let me build a garage beside the house to process Biodiesel. I told her it doesn't explode. Never told her about reclaiming methanol by heating using evaporation and condensation. Ya, I want to start a co-op. I'm an old guy, retired from college teaching about a year ago. If you need an extra hand at processing or anything drop me a line. Or if you know where I can get a good used diesel car - 1-2k would be helpful as well.

Location: toronto | Registered: May 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
biodiesel hamilton is definately interested in a co-op. I have a surplus of water heaters. I have a 150 gallon super sucker (oil is not a problem, have many contracts) have 200 litre drums and 1000 litre totes. I ran into a problem with the space I was renting. They didn't really understand the bio diesel process. So I am in need of space. Have been looking around Hamilton. Lotsof perspectives. Just been so busy with the contract obligations. Don't want to lose the oil. Eventually it will become scarce also.
As far as my interest is concerned we need a common space to work. A garage would be fine but would out grow quickly as membership grows.
With the price of diesel at $1.25 a litre I am sure we could find members to join. Does anyone have space garage, barn, shop?
I have tools, torches, welder, compressors, generators, and various handtool. Truck is outfited with both the super sucker and a mini crane to lift drums and tanks.

93 Ford F450 Super Duty Flatbed 7.3 litre
Haulin' Ass With Free Gas

Location: Hamilton, Ontario | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hey guys
ive got a double car garage(its attached to my house) we could use it till we find a more suitable place? iam asking around to friends and friends of friends to find somewhere else to cook.ive got a 60 gallon appleseed processor already there(my garage) and 3, 55 gallon steel drums. what else do we need or have?

posted Hide Post
I have as much oil as we could ever need. Also have transfer pumps (dual use oiland bio diesel)
I also like to use 1000 litre plastic totes because of the ball valve on the bottom for draining.
My source for lye is not available anymore. Do you have a source for KOH or NaOH?
Methanol is pretty readily available.
Have you used your appleseed yet?

Location: Hamilton, Ontario | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
no source for anything (iam really trying to find the cheapest supply but its taking forever, life gets in the way sometimes) ive done some shopping around and home hardware has lye 3 kg jug for like 18.99? and methenol by the gallon 7.99 must be able to find cheaper.
i have just run water though it to test for leaks. just have to hook up the 240 connection that take 20 minutes, whats really stopping me making my first big batch is that i have no filters yet. have ordered drum and bucket filters not to mention a bunch of other related stuff like temp gauges,scales...
finally my order has been shipped! so i'm hopeful that i can start a 30-40 gallon batch sometime later this week after work.

posted Hide Post
hello everyone,
really excited to have come across a local board. from what i noticed, vancouver is getting busy with biodiesel production, however, nothing big around here.

would be interedted to join a few like-minded and from what i see, determined individuals. have been working on a now tested marketing pitch for local restaurants; as of now oil is not a concern, however, production facility is.
can't really cook up a batch on my 12th floor balcony Smile

hamilton seems like a perfect place though(lots of industrial space)

anyone already setup fpr production? if not too late i'd be interested in discussing a co-op

btw, that hamilton biodiesel website looks awesome Wink

Location: Toronto West | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am still interested.

posted Hide Post
It seems like that the bio diesel bit Hamilton finally..... From what I have been reading on the posts, is thatthere is a few newbis in the area. The co op is going to happen it is just a matter of when. I think that we should all agree on a meeting place and time. Email me your info and we all could get together. $1.30 at the pump is just crazy... The sooner we could get this co op up and running the better.

posted Hide Post
Sorry my email is scott@biodieselhamilton.com

posted Hide Post
ok when is everybody available to meet. I can meet only after 8pm this week.
next week anytime is good

posted Hide Post
i'm in etobicoke, however, i travel west frequently and have no problem visiting Hamilton.
evenings are fine this or next week.

Location: Toronto West | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ok guys how about monday the 19th, after dinner? somebody want to pick the place?

posted Hide Post
how about the Undermount
http://www.undermountbarandgrill.com/
10 young St Hamilton Ontario L8N 1T9

posted Hide Post
Will they be open on a holiday monday. And what about parking? I have a big truck....
Difinately interested...
Any other locations a little further than downtown?

posted Hide Post
Other than that, Monday the 19th would be perfect for me. The sooner the better....Prices at $1.35 a litre. I'd rather .25 to .30 a litre plus my time. I also need to start working this oil I have because my contracts will need to be serviced soon and I am running out of room.

posted Hide Post
so its monday ok, undermount or somewhere else?

posted Hide Post
what time monday? and i could store some of the oil for now. how much do you need to store?