BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  USA Biodiesel Connections  Hop To Forums  Maryland    maryland bio brewers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

maryland bio brewers
 Login/Join

posted
JW who is in maryland and making bio for themselfs

also how long haveu been at it and how much have u made?

Location: md | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
where in Maryland are you located?
There is a biodiesel coop in Baltimore, and another in Takoma Park (GreenGuild).

K

Location: Metro Washington, DC | Registered: June 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
iam in mount airy near frederick if u know whare that is?

Location: md | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm just north of Mt Airy, MD.

Location: Mt Airy, MD | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just bought a diesel Jeep Liberty, and now I can really utilize BD. However, sources in the Free State are few. I live down-county in Montgomery County, but Frederick is an easy drive for me.

Would any of you be interested in meeting to talk about the BD 'picture'? (email: kahuna@pmi-ssc.org)

Cheers,

Geo

Location: Metro Washington, DC | Registered: June 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been making it two years for myself. Use an Acid Base Base process for blending for BD for TDI and heating oil.

Location: Millersville, MD | Registered: August 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Is there a current home bio brewer that would be open to running a how to clinic for those of us that would like to do it ourselves? I see there are a lot of options and don't want to get hosed buying or trying to make something that may not work.

Location: towson MD 21286 | Registered: April 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you MD folks still brewing? I've been doing a lot of research but haven't gotten into production yet. I figure it'd be best to see the process in action and get some knowledge from those with hands on experience. I live in Harpers Ferry so am not far from you guys. Let me know if you can help!

Location: Almost Heaven | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in Southern Maryland Near Pax River. I have a Bio Pro 190. Just getting started on production.

posted Hide Post
Hello, we run a small commercial operation and pickup oil throughout Maryland. We also sell chemicals if interested. PM me if you need further info. Thanks, Joe

posted Hide Post
Hi everyone.
I am a student at North Harford High Schoolwho has been working hard investigating funding sources for a biodiesel project I am trying to conduct for my senior capstone project. I would like to obtain funds to create the infrastructure here at NHHS to produce and distribute biodiesel. Being an agricultural/naturalresources magnet, we have farm equipment that could be run on biodiesel. This part of Harford county still retains its agricultural roots and could benefit from having a local biodiesel distributor.

I have researched different options and has investigated different grant opportunities. I have also joined a an online biodiesel community based in Baltimore called Charm21 Biodiesel Cooperative to get information from experts in the field. I am currently investigating getting funds through a crowd funding website.

Thanks for your help. Smile

Location: Pylesville, Maryland | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Is there still something going on in Maryland?

I am new on this forum. I just bought a 1999 Mercedes E300D with Greasecar kit in it.

Also have a 1999 Ford F-350 that I do mot want to convert, but make it run on biodiesel.

I have bought a biodiesel plant (of however you call it), but haven't made any yet.
(I do already have a drum of methanol and a 50lbs bag of lye)

I am in the Fallston/Bel air area

I have a source for wvo, but it's pretty far away. Maybe someone knows a source a bit closer by?

or any other comments or ideas?