Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home
maryland bio brewers

This topic can be found at:
http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2347069433/m/790106973

February 25, 2010, 11:05 AM
97idi
maryland bio brewers
JW who is in maryland and making bio for themselfs

also how long haveu been at it and how much have u made?
March 03, 2010, 10:02 PM
Kahuna
where in Maryland are you located?
There is a biodiesel coop in Baltimore, and another in Takoma Park (GreenGuild).

K
March 17, 2010, 08:50 PM
97idi
iam in mount airy near frederick if u know whare that is?
July 21, 2010, 06:41 AM
gdmccarty
I'm just north of Mt Airy, MD.
February 13, 2011, 11:21 AM
Kahuna
I just bought a diesel Jeep Liberty, and now I can really utilize BD. However, sources in the Free State are few. I live down-county in Montgomery County, but Frederick is an easy drive for me.

Would any of you be interested in meeting to talk about the BD 'picture'? (email: kahuna@pmi-ssc.org)

Cheers,

Geo
January 19, 2012, 05:32 PM
MPG_Bio
Been making it two years for myself. Use an Acid Base Base process for blending for BD for TDI and heating oil.
April 12, 2012, 08:58 AM
warick2012
Is there a current home bio brewer that would be open to running a how to clinic for those of us that would like to do it ourselves? I see there are a lot of options and don't want to get hosed buying or trying to make something that may not work.
October 13, 2012, 05:47 PM
B-rad
Are you MD folks still brewing? I've been doing a lot of research but haven't gotten into production yet. I figure it'd be best to see the process in action and get some knowledge from those with hands on experience. I live in Harpers Ferry so am not far from you guys. Let me know if you can help!
August 21, 2013, 12:58 PM
thinkback
I'm in Southern Maryland Near Pax River. I have a Bio Pro 190. Just getting started on production.
October 21, 2013, 11:01 AM
jfgold
Hello, we run a small commercial operation and pickup oil throughout Maryland. We also sell chemicals if interested. PM me if you need further info. Thanks, Joe
November 19, 2013, 03:43 PM
Wadew98
Hi everyone.
I am a student at North Harford High Schoolwho has been working hard investigating funding sources for a biodiesel project I am trying to conduct for my senior capstone project. I would like to obtain funds to create the infrastructure here at NHHS to produce and distribute biodiesel. Being an agricultural/naturalresources magnet, we have farm equipment that could be run on biodiesel. This part of Harford county still retains its agricultural roots and could benefit from having a local biodiesel distributor.

I have researched different options and has investigated different grant opportunities. I have also joined a an online biodiesel community based in Baltimore called Charm21 Biodiesel Cooperative to get information from experts in the field. I am currently investigating getting funds through a crowd funding website.

Thanks for your help. Smile
July 18, 2015, 11:11 PM
FLYING-DUTCHMAN
Hi,

Is there still something going on in Maryland?

I am new on this forum. I just bought a 1999 Mercedes E300D with Greasecar kit in it.

Also have a 1999 Ford F-350 that I do mot want to convert, but make it run on biodiesel.

I have bought a biodiesel plant (of however you call it), but haven't made any yet.
(I do already have a drum of methanol and a 50lbs bag of lye)

I am in the Fallston/Bel air area

I have a source for wvo, but it's pretty far away. Maybe someone knows a source a bit closer by?

or any other comments or ideas?