BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  USA Biodiesel Connections  Hop To Forums  Washington    No where to setup my processor :(
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No where to setup my processor :(
 Login/Join

posted
I’ve got an well-built Appleseed processer that I’ve used for almost 2 years to produce approx 40-45 gallon batches. I’ve got the process down so I’m producing consistently high quality fuel.

My partner in this little hobby moved to Orcas Island so I’ve lost the garage where we had the processor setup (I don’t have a space to set it up at my home). Now the processor is in storage and I’m desperately seeking a new partner to make biodiesel with me, but the key issue is that I’m looking for someone who has a stand-alone garage or shed where we can setup the processor up. I’ve also got enough quality oil sources to produce fuel for 3-4 vehicles. That said, maybe the person who wants to do this with me has a home-heating oil furnace and not a diesel car….we can of course use the biodiesel to fuel the furnace. Ideally, I can find someone in the south east part of the Seattle. Perfect locations would be anywhere from Madrona, south to Columbia City or Hillman City or west to Beacon Hill. It would be hard to partner with folks outside of this area due to the need to travel back and forth between my house and the processor.

Let me know if anyone is interested or if you know of anyone who might be. Thanks! -Harv

Posts: 4 | Registered: May 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I brewed 30-35gal per week for 2-3 years in a 5ftx8ft garden shed. All the equipment was basically touching each other and I had to be a bit of a contortionist to reach some of the ball valves, but I got it done.

Most of the equipment doesn't really have that big of a footprint: if you are willing to sacrifice some comfort you can brew in a pretty small space. Since garden sheds are not fixed to the ground, they are considered mobile, which around me anyway, means they are exempt from zoning rules regarding number of structures on a lot, total lot coverage, etc.

Posts: 2393 | Location: Southern WI, USA | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Harv,

Are you still processing WVO around Seattle?

AV

AV

Posts: 2 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post