BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Diesel vehicles and other diesel equipment  Hop To Forums  Perkins    B2200 diesel no start - glow plugs not glowing - manual switch help PLZ
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

B2200 diesel no start - glow plugs not glowing - manual switch help PLZ
 Login/Join

posted
I need informational help to properly wire up a manual glow plug button with a generic relay from napa and a momentary switch.

I've got a 1983 Mazda B2200 diesel. 2.2 L S2 - 2,209 cc - License built Perkins 4.135

Just wouldn't start one day, changed the fuel filter and switched out a burnt out glow plug. Last mechanic came out and cranked it for 20 minutes while bleeding air from the injectors till it started up and after that it started up fine all day, till the next morning.

I noticed the glow plugs were not heating up on startup, so I figure this may be the problem. They heated up when I touched the two big wires from the relay together. Please help me get my truck started, please!

Posts: 2 | Registered: June 13, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got it fixed!!!

It was the glow plug relay that went bad. And I couldn't find glow plug relay #2, must have been deleted, so I took the two big wires from glow plug relay #1, put them on either side of a starter solenoid and ran a switch to the dash. It started up first try, so happy, tutorial coming soon.

Posts: 2 | Registered: June 13, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post