BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Diesel vehicles and other diesel equipment  Hop To Forums  Perkins    non rubber seals and gaskets for my old Perkins injeckers and pump
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

non rubber seals and gaskets for my old Perkins injeckers and pump
 Login/Join

posted
I am hoping someone out there knows where I can find biodiesel compatible seals and gaskets so I can have my injectors and pump rebuilt. I am thinking these parts might be avalible in Europe. Any help would be apreciated. Paco

my 94 dodge has just compleated 10 years on 100% biodiesel!

Posts: 18 | Registered: January 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi don't know if this is any use,but managed to get new viton seals for my Lucas I/p pump from these guys-they do quite a range if you know what size you want-they also ship overseas.
http://simplybearings.co.uk/sh...seals.php......might be worth an email

Posts: 585 | Location: UK | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Link did not work right,try this:
http://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/oil_seals.php

Posts: 585 | Location: UK | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have the old seals you should be able to order viton or PTFE teflon replacements from your local industrial belt-chain-and seal retailer. take the old ones in so they can measure them up. If the gaskets are simple flat gaskets you can buy flat viton or teflon sheet on Ebay to make up new ones.

Posts: 3591 | Location: fisher,illinois,usa | Registered: June 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I requested a Perkins Forum for folks who have the Perkins engine in their car/truck and might be converted to a two tank WVO system. In 1978, I replaced the 350 V8 ci gasser engine in my '69 Chevy 3/4 truck with a Perkins 6 - 354 ci non-turbo with a 5 speed tranny. Drove is for many trouble free yrs in the South West and Mexico. Last summer, I did a total restoration inside and outside of the truck and replaced the "old" Perkins with a Dot 3 block/turbo and mated it to a Fuller 10 speed manual to top off the drive train. Because the Lucas IP is know to have a "weak" IP quill, I found a Bosch IP pump that should be stout enough to handle the WVO. Another area of concern is the low operating temp of the engine. I've been driving for many years on D2 and didn't pay too much attention to the temp. Now that I'm going to do the WVO conversion, I would like to hear what other Perkins owners, might/are doing to raise the engine water temp. For instance, What is the highest temp of a thermostat (manufacturer and part number ) that can be purchased for the 6-354? If the Perkins is converted to WVO, what is the block water temp when switch to WVO? I'd welcome any discussion.

Posts: 233 | Registered: October 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post