BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Vendor Sponsor Forums  Hop To Forums  Dexsil Corporation    Winter is coming!

Moderators: Patrick Vogt
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winter is coming!
 Login/Join

Dexsil
posted
First few chilly nights are finally here in Southern New England.

If any of you guys blend with petro-diesel during the winter to prevent gelling, I'd love to chat with you on how you are measuring your fuel blend. I may be able to help you achieve a better and more accurate blend.

Thanks!

Patrick Vogt
Technical Sales Rep.
Dexsil Corporation

Posts: 9 | Location: Hamden, CT | Registered: September 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
measuring fuel blend for what?

Posts: 8767 | Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dexsil
posted Hide Post
Hi John,

For folks that are blending their home brew B100 with petro-diesel for better cold weather performance, we have simple test kits that allow you to accurately quantify the amount of biodiesel in the blend.

Whether you're trying to calculate your optimal cold weather blend, or are just curious what you are getting at the B5,10,20 commercial pump, these kits may be of interest you.

Thanks for your interest John.

Patrick Vogt
Technical Sales Rep.
Dexsil Corporation

Posts: 9 | Location: Hamden, CT | Registered: September 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It doesn't get extremely cold here, only very occasionally dropping into the teens. It's pretty simple and cheap to set a few samples of say, B40, B60, and B80 in some jars set outside to see how your blend responds to temperature drops. It's not really that complicated to put a corresponding blend into the fuel tank either. I don't even set out samples any more since I know how my biodiesel will react in cold weather anyway.

Alvin
'01 F250 7.3 4x4 Lariat Crew
'95 Mercedes Benz E300 D

Posts: 413 | Location: Seattle | Registered: January 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
these kits may be of interest you.

sure, post a link to info on them.

My winter biodiesel is stored as 50% mix with jetB. As it gets cold, fuel is pumped from the clear layer into the vehicle tank to maintain a calculated mix of BD-jetB-D1 depending on temperature.

Posts: 8767 | Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi John,

quote:
Originally posted by john galt:
My winter biodiesel is stored as 50% mix with jetB. As it gets cold, fuel is pumped from the clear layer into the vehicle tank to maintain a calculated mix of BD-jetB-D1 depending on temperature.
Can you be a bit more specific.
What is in the 50% mix?
I know the JetB (Widecut) and the D1 (kerosene) will stay liquid at any temperature you will likely experience there in Whitehorse.
Just wondering what you mean by a "calculated mix" and where the Biodiesel comes into play.

All the best

Posts: 9697 | Location: ลึก ประเทศอินเดีย | Registered: March 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Dexsil
posted Hide Post
Hi John,

Here is a link to this product on our site:
http://www.dexsil.com/products...il.php?product_id=57

You may have also noticed this product's ad on the forum page banners. If you have further interest in this product, feel free to contact me here or via email.

Patrick Vogt
Technical Sales Rep.
Dexsil Corporation