BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Straight Vegetable Oil (SVO) as fuel  Hop To Forums  General SVO Discussion    The Spinner Centrifuge Plans: Review
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Spinner Centrifuge Plans: Review
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
bbbuddy, buuuud might not thank you too much for posting his email address on a public forum. He might actually get quite irate when the spam starts to pour into his inbox from the bots that crawl these pages looking for valid addresses to sell to spammers. Please be mindful in the future to at least make an effort to disguise email addresses, especially OTHER peoples addresses, if you have to post them. Usual methods for protecting addresses posted publicly are to split the names with spaces, and to type at instead of @ and dot instead of .
For example,
s p i k e e AT lewiscounty dot com

Another option would be to just send your helpful information to buuuds address if you know it.

No one likes spam. I have had my addresses compromised from other people posting on forums before.

I am not bagging you for helping, just trying to give you some information on how to help without causing problems.

Cheers
Steve

Location: Kalgoorlie West Australia | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am not bagging you

Cheers
Steve

Sure you are Steve, and I don't blame you. That WAS thoughtless of me, I had a brain f*rt.

Buuuud I edited my previous posts so your email is hidden, sorry I was so thoughtless.

posted Hide Post
bbbuddy,

Now that's what I call an explanation. Why don't you work for PayPal so you can help guys like me keep our sanity.

Thank you so much.

Buuuuud

Location: Morton, Wash. USA | Registered: February 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got back into this. Bud, can you refresh my memory on what your paypal address and amount to send.

6under....did tou get your parts? any ideas on getting a few sets made.

Rick in nj

posted Hide Post
Has anyone else thought about how this can make long trips possible? If the centrifuge is small enough, you could get WVO on long trips from local places you stop at, and centrifuge it to filter, dewater, and etc. That would be nice...

1985 Mercedes 300D, sold, Heat exchanger and injector line heaters, all single tank. 1997 E300D Benz ... biodiesel.

Location: Cocoa Beach FL | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
im6under,

Sound to me like you have got all your duck in the groove. That would be a very good feature with the bolt together type rotor. That design rotor sounds GREAT. My main concern was the possibility of oil leaking into the cup which would eliminate the sealess feature of the machine.

That's the beautiful thing about these forums. Everyone has a different idea and most of them are only improvements on a basic idea.

That's the way it looks to me, from here in the West.

Buuuuud

Location: Morton, Wash. USA | Registered: February 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buuuuud:
bbbuddy,

Now that's what I call an explanation. Why don't you work for PayPal so you can help guys like me keep our sanity.

Thank you so much.

Buuuuud

Looks like you got my order! Now wasn't that easy?
Do you want the others who have said they would order through Paypal to go ahead and do so?

maddy

posted Hide Post
The on board centrifuge is a great idea for the folks that like to travel or have to travel. I have thought of this some and I feel it is possible, however there are a few problems that would have to be overcome. Some of the features that would be required (I think) are, small enough to be part of your luggage, large enough to supply the fuel needed, and wheather it could be operated with the vehicle under way or operated at night or while gathering oil. Also, 110v powered or 12v and a way to warm the oil before it goes through the centrifuge? The warming would not be a must, in a lot of situation, but in colder areas it would be.

I know that there a lot of you guys that already have the answers stored in the round hard drive setting on your shoulders and just haven't looked at in front of you yet. The centrifuge in my plans could be scaled down to do the onboard thing with a little thinking.

How's that for something to think about, from here in the West.

Buuuuud

posted Hide Post
bbbuddy,

You are quite right, it was easy. BIG piece of cake.

We have a meeting with our banker tomorrow AM and I would prefer to wait until after the meeting and then I can repost the prices and addresses and such.

Thanks a bunch for all your help.

Will let you all know, from here in the West

Buuuuud

posted Hide Post
Buuuuud,

It's PM here. Can you tell I am anxious to get my order in?

Scott
1994 Dodge Cummins converted Aug. 08 using Sunwizards design with elecrtic valves.
1990 Ford 7.3 N/A
1979 Mercedes 300CD
(Sold) 1982 240D Two tank Ace Hardware and Autozone system. Linscott dewatering/filtering/Lil Angle
Pat Carr Plumbing Wetzel Fuel Cell 20mm ammo can for WVO tank

Location: Moody, Texas | Registered: June 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you know...... if you have the "Holy Grail" one of the biggest things you would be nervous of in letting people know it is all the folk who will bug you to death in order to see it, touch it etc. It's a real PITA

Welll..... keep that in mind folk and relax a little and give Buddd some space and time.

Budddd, thanks again.

But equally so.... if you believe you can, YOUR RIGHT as well.

Location: North Tx | Registered: November 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bbbuddy:
Ok Buuuud, I went ahead and placed an order through Paypal so you can see how it works. I rounded up to $30 to cover the Paypal expense.

You should have an email right now from Paypal with the order details. I paid with a card so the transaction is immediate.

Bbbuddy,
Just one problem with paying with a card: Buuuud might not have set up a merchant account, in which case he will get a notice from Paypal that the payment is pending, and he must set up a premier account to take credit cards. Took me a while to set up such an account. Nice now, though, even if they charge a transaction fee. HTH Buuuuud

Blessings. Joe 1999 Chevy Suburban w/new optimizer 6500 TD and 1995 Chevy Cube van 6.5L. WWW.RillaBioFuels.com
WWW.RillaBioFuels.com

Location: Sterling Hts. Michigan USA | Registered: October 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe_M:

Bbbuddy,
Just one problem with paying with a card: Buuuud might not have set up a merchant account, in which case he will get a notice from Paypal that the payment is pending, and he must set up a premier account to take credit cards.

It doesn't matter, Joe_M, the point is he got to see an entire transaction, so now he knows how it works. We can always cancel it and start over if Buuuud wishes.

posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for giving me the slack, I really needed it. I only wish I could put back the hair that I pulled out before bbbuddy put me straight. I'm already way short on hair.

bbbuddy, the deal you did by placing an order did two things. I showed me how the system works and also prodded me to open a premier account. ( I didn't want you to get your money back and me to loose a sale, yuk yuk.) Anyway we are real pleased with the way you made it a good educational experience.

Will give you'all more info after the AM meeting at the bank.

That's what's happening, here in the West.

Buuuuud

posted Hide Post
Buuuuuuud....Where are you????!!!!

Im6under...How are you making out?????

posted Hide Post
I'm not doing worth a darn...

my overnight stuff didn't come thursday or friday at the latest as stated from mcmaster-carr... so I am stuck over the weekend.

machinist doesn't want to finish the rotor without having the o-rings to check fitment so I am stuck.

got to see the rotor... it looks sweet...

and also non-functional at this point..lol

It's life...

Though your argument is very clever, I don't think it will lead to the results you desire. gandhi

Location: iowa | Registered: December 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well here it goes. Got everything ready, I think.

Seem like whenever I start to do something on this computter, someone comes by and want to BS or just take up time and space. I'm pretty good in the BS department but it doesn't get much done. I guess spreading a little bread on the water won't hurt tho.

It is all set up with PayPal, I think we can even take credit cards as we did it like bbbuddy set things up for us.

I guess it all work on email. and mine is published on my profile.

I hope that is all it takes, and I hope you guys will let me know is it doesn't work right. Thank so much to all who have extended their patience and knowledge that helped us get it all together.

Finally got it done, here in the West.

Buuuuud

posted Hide Post
Buuuud,
Not to muddy the waters, but now that you have the PAy Pal thing worked out, you need to think about a way to get the info to the buyers via e-mail or website.
This would mean no trips to the mail box, and no postage, and more impulse people buying your plans.
IT was hard for me to have to get a Money order and then wait to get it sent out via hardcopy mail.
Of course I did it since I know how valuable this must be.
Take a few days getting over the PayPal and think about it.
If I were you, I would want to try to make it where it would be hard for someone to copy it and give it to a friend etc..
Any other comments from others on helping him make this availible via the Internet?
Phil

posted Hide Post
Buuud,

I just sent the $$ via paypal Smile I look forward to receiving the plans. Anyway to email a digital set, maybe in pdf format? If not, I guess I'll just have to wait. Take care.

posted Hide Post
im6under, when you get your rotor back from the machine shop and get your centrifuge working properly, will you update us on how you had it made and how it is working for you?!

Buuuud, I'm glad you got the Paypal going, you will get more orders than if people had to snail mail you. Getting this topic back to the top will update those who were waiting for you to get Paypal working so they can order.

I am eagerly awaiting my plans. Do you mail them USPS or UPS or?

I have a slow speed Listeroid 6/1, and want to build my centrifuge to run off the flywheels, belt driven. I have over 500 gallons of wvo waiting to process right now!