BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Straight Vegetable Oil (SVO) as fuel  Hop To Forums  General SVO Discussion    The Spinner Centrifuge Plans: Review
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Spinner Centrifuge Plans: Review
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buuuuud:
Coachgeo,

This PayPal thing is getting to be a nightmare! We have not been able to find anyone that can give us any answers. How the hell does it work !!!!!!!!!!!

Buuuuud

Buuuuud, when I signed up for Paypal years ago it was really easy, and I have used it on hundreds of occassions without a single problem.
You could choose to get the money directly into a checking account, or mailed to you as a check. Don't know if that part has changed.

Just follow their directions to sign up as a person not a business.
OR sign up as a premier member, you have to wait a couple of days for them to deposit some $ in your bank account, then you go back to the website and enter the amount they deposited, for confirmation that the account is set up right. This way you can accept debit/credit card payments as well as from bank accounts.

It really isn't hard to set up the account, just click on the button on their front page to become a member.

edited to add: I too want to order a set of plans the minute you get your Paypal account set up. I am 30 miles from the nearest post office to mail you any $. I only get to town on weekends, and the PO is closed then.

posted Hide Post
add me to the list to buy plans as soon as you get set up with pay pal. I manage a machine shop( in fact I used to own it) so having access to the proper machinery to build up the unit will not be a problem. Looking forward to building your design.

Paul

posted Hide Post
G,day Buuud please add me to the list when u get ppal up and running, using your centrifuge has got to be easier than filtering , heating, settling etc, more beer time, lol, thanks.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bbbuddy:

...Just follow their directions to sign up ...you have to wait a couple of days for them to deposit some $ in your bank account, then you go back to the website and enter the amount they deposited, for confirmation that the account is set up right...
Now I remember that. think my deposti was something like 27 cents. I don't recall if Im a premium member or not. don't think I am. Anyway, I do remember the depost verification thing of some odd cents.

But equally so.... if you believe you can, YOUR RIGHT as well.

Location: North Tx | Registered: November 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got signed up on PayPal last nite, (I think). Now just waiting.

That's the way I hope it works, here in the West.

Location: Morton, Wash. USA | Registered: February 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If someone else is getting the plans, and making a centrifuge who's willing to make 2 of them, please PM me. I want one, but I don't have access to a machine shop. Best I can do is a belt sander, drill and files.

1985 Mercedes 300D, sold, Heat exchanger and injector line heaters, all single tank. 1997 E300D Benz ... biodiesel.

Location: Cocoa Beach FL | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Got signed up on PayPal last nite, (I think). Now just waiting.

That's the way I hope it works, here in the West.

That's wonderful, Buuuud, let us know your email for Paypal, I will send you $ for the plans right away!

posted Hide Post
bbbuddy,

Before I can do that I have to have an answer to my original question. How the hell does it work?????????????

Stil waiting for the answer, Here in the West.

Buuuuud

Location: Morton, Wash. USA | Registered: February 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
how does it work??? paypal.

you (bud) have a paypal account.

I (customer) have a visa...

I go to the paypal site and fill in the blanks to send money to bud's email address.

paypal processes my visa and direct deposits the money to bud's bank account along with an email to bud as to who paid the money and for what.

they sock you with a nominal fee Big Grin

it usually takes 5 business days for the account to get going.

paypal will both deposit and withdraw money from your bank account so they know they have control? .17 cents in and then .13 cents out.

when you see a paypal deposit and withdrawl from your bank account, you go back to the paypal site and enter these two amounts to activate your acount so you can both send and receive money.

its not complicated... but it takes a few days to get done. most people are expecting a point click and you're done sign-up. it isn't quite that easy because of the bank verification thing... that takes a couple of days.

Though your argument is very clever, I don't think it will lead to the results you desire. gandhi

Location: iowa | Registered: December 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
im6under is yours done yet? Inquiring minds WANT TO KNOW!

posted Hide Post
I have two ordered...

I'm waiting right now:

machine shop should have 2 sets of rotor pieces by friday.

ordered high speed bearing sets, 7,000 rpm that should be here today or tomorrow.

misc graded bolts ect... should be here today...

my pieces are not identicle to bud's. they are more of an elaboration.

higher speed, 30% more volume, less machining...

like I said in the initial review... the great thing about bud's set of plans is the concepts which are all adaptable or scaleable... you can pretty much make whatever you want out of them.

sorry its taking so long... I could have had it done by now, I suppose, but the extra week shopping time has cut the price almost in half versus going with the first place I contacted.

plus I wanted more than one for proof of concept and wanted it easier to manufacture and adaptable to different motors guys might be using. when cheap shopping a motor you don't want to be locked into one size of shaft if you don't have to.

anyways... don't worry... I'm a blabber mouth... lol I'll let everyone and god know how its all progressing. Big Grin

Though your argument is very clever, I don't think it will lead to the results you desire. gandhi

posted Hide Post
quote:
bbbuddy,

Before I can do that I have to have an answer to my original question. How the hell does it work?????????????

Buuuuud

Buuuuud, all we need is your email address that you used for Paypal. I will send you the $ through Paypal, using your email address. You will get an email from Paypal saying that I have paid, and what I paid for, and my shipping/mailing address. You then send my plans. Simple, fast, easy.

Maddy

posted Hide Post
quote:
bbbuddy,

Buuuuud

Buuuuud, if you have more questions, you need to be more specific than "how does it work".

Let us know your exact questions, we will try to answer them.
Meanwhile, here is the Paypal FAQ: FAQ

posted Hide Post
im6under,

If you are making the rotor in 2 pieces and the top to bolt on, how are you sealing them together? My concern is that at the speeds you are talking about (7000 rpm's), I would think you would have to have a really tight seal like an "O" ring or something like that. At that speed the oil in the rotor could reach pressures that could compaired to a high pressure hydraulic system. I don't mean that much pressure on the rotor, I'm referring to the oil only.

I haven't run any numbers, but at 7000 rpm's on the size rotor in the plans, I'd think you would have around 4000 to 5000 G's and the oil and contaminants in the outer wall will be getting real tight. Of course this is the whole object of the machine, but I'm only concerned about leakage.

Also at that speed you could increase the volume greatly.

Your thoughts please.

That's what I'm thinking, here in the West.

Buuuuud

posted Hide Post
bbbuddy,

I'm slowly getting a few answers and some are just assumptions.

How does a customer know where to send the payment and how do I know where to send the plans and how do the funds get to my bank?

We finaly talked to a real live person on the phone last nite and she said that I would get all the answers AFTER I signed up with PayPal. That smacks as a shady way of doing business. Kinda like buying a pig in a poke. Anyway we signed up and still don't have all the answers yet. Maybe it will all shake out someday.

With all of this frustration, I kinda wish I'd kept my mouth shut and used my machine for myself.

That's my thoughts, here in the West.

Buuuuud

posted Hide Post
the three components of the rotor are a machined fit. I wondered about possible leakage so I encorporated a "capture groove" on the bottom that accepts the wall of the rotor. Additionally there is a 8" square point buna-N seal between the pieces.

gasket cost: $7.00 for a pack of 5.

machined groove??? dirt cheap piece was already in the lathe. ??? 2 minutes tops... labor wise.

posted Hide Post
Bud, when someone buys your plans they leave a shipping address with the transaction along with the $$ they send. As soon as someone 'paypals' you you can send the plans because you know the moneys real and there's an address associated with the transaction. Once your account is live let people know what email address you want people to paypal you at and you'll have a lot of orders, I'm sure.

posted Hide Post
>I'm slowly getting a few answers and some are >just assumptions.
>How does a customer know where to send the >payment and how do I know where to send the >plans and how do the funds get to my bank?

The customer sends you an order through Paypal using the email address you registered with Paypal. The customer pays for the order at the same time by paying into your Paypal account.
At that time the customer gets a confirmation email from Paypal (what they ordered and who they ordered from), and YOU get an order email from Paypal. This email will detail WHAT the customer ordered, who ordered it, whether it has been paid for or is payment pending (as in the case for checks etc) and the customer's mailing or shipping address.
If it is paid in full you ship the product. In essence, I can order and pay you at 1 pm, you get the email by 1:10 pm (slow email day) and you go to post office and send package out at 1:30 pm. This of course would be lightning fast. You may get an order at midnight, be busy the next day, and ship the day after...who knows? It's pretty much up to you, whatever you tell your customers you will do.

> still don't have all the answers yet.

Did you read the FAQs at the link I sent you?
Did you sign up using your profile email? If so, I will send you an order tonight so you can see how it works. It really IS easy.

What other questions do you have? Oh funds into your bank. Well you can let it pile up in your Aypal account and buy things online OR you can have it electronically deposited into your bank account. You should have an account user panel that lets you choose what to do. You see this when you sign on to Paypal using the username and password you set up before.

Below is a sample of an email I got from Paypal showing what I ordered and from who: (crossed out personal info with x's)

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXs,

Your package will be shipped by PayPal Shipping with U.S. Postal Service!

Lockie xxxxxxxx used PayPal Shipping with U.S. Postal Service to create a shipping label for your package. Once the package is given to the Post Office(tm), it will be on its way to you!

You can track the package online at:

http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabel...10212888230XXXXXXXXX

Please note: Tracking information is updated throughout the day, but most data is transmitted in the afternoon or evening. For example, if your Express Mail(R) package is mailed today at 10:00 a.m., you might not be able to view tracking information until the next day.

-----------------------------------
Shipment Details
Delivery Confirmation Number:
Shipped From:

Lockie XXXXXXX
414 W. xxxxxxxxx
San XXXXXo, TX 76xxxx
United States

Ship To:

#64 XXXXX
HC-65, xxxxxx
CXXXX, AZ 85xxxx
United States

Shipper: U.S. Postal Service

Shipping Method: Parcel Post® (2-9 days)

Note from Seller: Hi,
Just wanted to let you know that the wringer is on its way!
Thank you so much.
Lockie

----------------------------------------------------------------
Your Purchase Details

Amount: $31.59 USD

Transaction ID: 26039558Exxxxxxxxx

Subject:

Note:Hi,
Just wanted to let you know that the wringer is on its way!
Thank you so much.
Lockie

You can view PayPal transaction details related to this shipment at:
https://www.paypal.com/us/vst/id=26039xxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

PROTECT YOUR PASSWORD

NEVER give your password to anyone, including PayPal employees. Protect yourself against fraudulent websites by opening a new web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Netscape) and typing in the PayPal URL every time you log in to your account.

PayPal Email ID PP242

posted Hide Post
Ok Buuuud, I went ahead and placed an order through Paypal so you can see how it works. I rounded up to $30 to cover the Paypal expense.

You should have an email right now from Paypal with the order details. I paid with a card so the transaction is immediate.

If your account is not finished setting up you may have to wait a couple more days to do the final "confirmation". (you know, where they deposit $ in your bank account, then you see it and go to Paypal and enter the amount.) This verifies with Paypal that you are who you say you are and you only have to do it once to set up the account.

I used your profile email
hope this was the right one.

maddy

p.s. Here is my email from Paypal about the order:
Dear XXXXXXXXXXXs,

Your payment for $30.00 USD to (mail)been sent.

Payment Details

Amount: $30.00 USD

Transaction ID: 28B1XXXXXXXXXX

Subject: ORDER FOR CENTRIFUGE PLANS

Note:
Hi Buuuuud. Here is my order for the centrifuge plans and pictures. I rounded up to $30 to cover your Paypal expense.

Thanks, maddy

View the details of this transaction online at:

https://www.paypal.com/us/vst/id=28B182XXXXXXXXXXXXX

This payment was sent using your credit card.

For your future payments, try using Instant Transfer instead!

- Pay instantly and securely

- Faster than paying with checks

- Pay directly from your bank account - purchases won't show up on bills at the end of the month.

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

The next time you send money, use the PayPal Visa Credit Card.

Check out this cool, see-through card at:

https://www.paypalcreditcard.com/NASApp/bap/nav/jump.jsp
Your monthly account statement is available anytime; just log in to your account at https://www.paypal.com/us/HISTORY. To correct any errors, please contact us through our Help Center at https://www.paypal.com/us/HELP.

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link located in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

PayPal Email ID PP118

posted Hide Post
By the way, Buuuuud, there are millions and millions of Paypal transactions each year. Very few go wrong. Probably less than Bank mistakes.
There is nothing shady about it. It is just new to you, like ATM's were at one time...