BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Straight Vegetable Oil (SVO) as fuel  Hop To Forums  General SVO Discussion    The Spinner Centrifuge Plans: Review
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Spinner Centrifuge Plans: Review
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patcarr:how does the dirty stuff and water get off the bottom?
The dirty stuff(solid particulates) get compacted as a continually thickening film on the spinning wheel. From most of the reading I've done on these types of centrifuges, the film has to be phycially scraped off the inner surface of the "wheel". Although, I understand it is easy & quick to do so.

I am also baffled at how the water & oil are seperated and kept so.

Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: June 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Buuud, do your plans also show how to build and incorporate the continuous feed?

The plans show everything; from the dirty oil storage, thru the spinner, all the way to the finnished container. TWO seperate pages with pictorials, one belt driven, and one direct drive.

FOUR pages containing detail drawings of individual components with dimensions, part identification and engineering notes.

SIX pages of common language how it works, how to build it, and how to operate instructions.

minus the machine/lathe work, nothing would be beyond the capabilities of an average do it yourselfer... its less complicated than plumbing in a two tank system.

and there's a phone number for help if you don't understand something.

Though your argument is very clever, I don't think it will lead to the results you desire. gandhi

Location: iowa | Registered: December 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The dirty stuff(solid particulates) get compacted as a continually thickening film on the spinning wheel. From most of the reading I've done on these types of centrifuges, the film has to be phycially scraped off the inner surface of the "wheel". Although, I understand it is easy & quick to do so.

I am also baffled at how the water & oil are seperated and kept so.

Bud has incorporated 4 specific and unique design features to make this gizmo operate properly. (there are probably a dozen good features) but four of them are the ones I can see that make it operator friendly and close to fool proof. None are rocket science, they are just novel common sense solutions that add up to what looks like it can't possibly "not" work.

Mine will be done by the 18th of this month so I can report back. big lathe is tied up until then and waiting on a motor for the centrifuge also.

Someone may in fact beat me to the punch since they are mailing their order tonight.

Though your argument is very clever, I don't think it will lead to the results you desire. gandhi

posted Hide Post
quote:
Bud says:
how to get a set of plans?
bud says:...
We are not set up for paypal ....
Bud' shoot over to PayPal.com

It is very safe and extremely easy to set up. YOu don't need to be a company. I really encourage you to set this up. Will make it much easier for you to cause money can go right to your bank.

But equally so.... if you believe you can, YOUR RIGHT as well.

Location: North Tx | Registered: November 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bud (or anyone else, I suppose):

Do you have the inclination to make these centrifuges for resale? I do not have access to any machining equipment, or I feel the mechanical knowledge to make one myself...

If so, what might the price be (before shipping)?

Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
im6under, are you still on track for the 18th?

Location: Temple, GA | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
this may have been covered already, but are we using the centrifuge pre-appleseed, post- appleseed or both

Shawn

2006 F-250 6.0l PSD Crew W/ FS BED Runnin' on Homemade B-100 (NOT!!!) If you have a 6.0 DO NOT RUN B/D unless you have a LOT of money for injectors and fuel pumps and fuel injection control modules and...

This message will self destruct

Location: sunny Palm Bch.County, Fl. Home of the "Hanging Chad" | Registered: July 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hey, am in alabama now and working on the centrifuge. mostly scrounging metal for the rotor.

will probably wind-up carving it out of a slug of aluminum.

planned on making it from welded up pieces of steel but the more I/dad consider the time needed to weld something up then go back over all the beads with the lathe to true everything up it may just be less hassle to carve it from aluminum.

should have a material quote this a.m. which is a big factor.

also I dropped a copy of the plans at the job shop for a quote on ten pieces for a group buy type thing.

If a good price can be had I'd make the rotor available at cost.
note: to those that have already purchased bud's plans or else with a set of plans licensed from bud. can't just cut bud out.. lol besides a rotor wouldn't do you any good without knowing what to do with it.

putting the cart way before the horse here since I have no clue if a good price is available from these guys. will just have to see... as some shops are overly proud of their work(read that as expensive).

posted Hide Post
Hello there

I like this idea but could somone give a definite yes or no on if this de-waters.?

posted Hide Post
Hey Bud, I am from down under and will be buying a set of plans. I agree with CoachGeo in that it would be a lot simpler if you had a PayPal account, if you are considering this please let me know and I will wait rather than get international money orders. They cost about $15 the registersd envelope costs another $10 and I would rather put that into the hardware.
Graeme

1977 Mercedes 300D 2 Tank HOH, Heat exchanger and Vegetherm.

Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: May 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GraemeW,

Hang in there if you can as I'm getting set up for Paypal. Coach George was quite right when he advised me to get hooked up to be able to use paypal and I'm finally taking advantage of his good council.

I'm still doin it, here in the West

Buuuuud

Location: Morton, Wash. USA | Registered: February 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buuuuuud
I also will order when you get pay pal set up
Thanks
Phil

300CD, 300D Turbo, 96 Dodge 12V, All 2 Tank w/FPHE & Heated filter

Phil's Classic Cars, Inc
The Dyno Shop, Inc
Vintage Auto Restoration
Race Car Prep
Restoration & Race Products
http://www.philsclassiccars.com
http://www.thedynoshop.net

Location: FT Myers, FL | Registered: May 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Coachgeo,

This PayPal thing is getting to be a nightmare! We have not been able to find anyone that can give us any answers. How the hell does it work !!!!!!!!!!!

Buuuuud

Location: Morton, Wash. USA | Registered: February 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buuuud:

Didn't you forget something in your last post?

That's what we're all wondering, here in the Great White North.

JP.

All kinds of Diesel engines.
Beckett and Riello burners.

Location: Ontario Canada | Registered: April 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buuuuud,

First I'm looking forward to ordering your info and have been delaying until your ready with Paypal. The centrifuge idea is what I've been looking for to alieviate some biod problems so maybe I can help too.
What is it that is giving you problems??
Do you have a Ebay acct.?
If so you can go into Paypal and set up an account very easily. (Or at least to me it seems that way Smile )
After that may be an unknown cause I've never sold anything on ebay but I do know girlmark has a paypal link on her web site for those into bioD and signing up for her classes or buying her book. I hope some others with more experiance in this will chime in. But it would probably help if you could please be a little more specific on whats got you in a jam.
Best of luck and keep up the good work.

Jwrench

It sounds like your frustrated, out there in the west.

Smile

Location: Springfield MO USA | Registered: September 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buuuuud:
Coachgeo,

This PayPal thing is getting to be a nightmare! We have not been able to find anyone that can give us any answers. How the hell does it work !!!!!!!!!!!

Buuuuud
THANK YOU for putting the time into this to make it happen. I signed up for mine yearsssssss ago so its not fresh on my mind. I'll be happy to choose a day and time to both get online at the same time and go thru the registration process together. A Sunday night would be best for me. I'm on Central Time. I'm sure someone else would be happy to do it sooner. I do suggest though that you just start simple. Just do a personal one and not something fancy.

But equally so.... if you believe you can, YOUR RIGHT as well.

Location: North Tx | Registered: November 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
lets see... build a bud's... or???

http://cgi.ebay.com/Veronesi-Centrifuge-Model-BSGEB-370...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

holy smokes...

posted Hide Post
im6under,

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks good, from here in the West

Buuuuud

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by im6under:
lets see... build a bud's... or??? holy smokes...
Under the "more affordable" department....

I haven't been able to find information on these, but I think they all are continuous input/output centrifuges. At least, two of three are, don't know about the Sorvall.
Nobles Centrifuge T6

Sorvall SS-3

Large Industiral Centrifuge

[IMG]http://home.earthlink.net/%7E2matrixmedical/big%20centrifuge%20(3).JPG[/IMG]

Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: June 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hey all...

found a nice local tool and die shop and talked the plans over with the proprieter...

I am building/having built, the rotor.

It's similar to bud's and incorporates most of his ideas. The main difference is it will be built as three seperate pieces which will bolt togather.

I took his spindle design for belt drive and complicated it a bit. Big Grin The conscious decision is to make it slightly harder to clean in exchange for more capacity, upto 7000 rpm speed, and ease of manufacturing.

Should have two proto-types ready to go in a week or two now that things are firmed up.

machine shop labor and materials should be less than $150 for the rotor.

$20 standard bearings won't cut it for the higher rpm so I'm soaking myself for an extra 80 on top or 230 out the door.

should still be under 500 complete with a new motor...

bud... sorry for expensifying the unit... I was just standing there and thought if 3450 is good 7000 ought'a make a heck of a bang... Big Grin