Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home
The Spinner Centrifuge Plans: Review

This topic can be found at:
http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/159605551/m/9751014751

November 16, 2006, 07:20 AM
Fla._Deadheader
The Spinner Centrifuge Plans: Review
A good clear copy e-mailed to me would be perfect. If Buuuuud gets this done, consider one set sold to Costa Rica. Wink Smile
November 17, 2006, 12:33 AM
jeepin, moggin Jessup (coachgeo)
Budd I know of a FREE computer program which will make most computer files into PDF files. PDF's can be coppied but if you save it correctly you can save them to where they can NOT be altered. This makes it little more safe to send things over the internet to people. If it was a typical computer file (for example MS-Word file) then people could alter it, put their name on it and sell it again. A PDF is different. And the program to open it (but not alter it) is available world wide for free too.

But equally so.... if you believe you can, YOUR RIGHT as well.
November 17, 2006, 01:17 PM
jmbob666
Budd,

I suspect your drawings were not done on the computer. If this is so, I have the ability to scan the plans and produce the pdf files if you were to provide them to me.

Jim
November 17, 2006, 04:39 PM
maddasher
I got mine yesterday took about a week. Be patient.

Robert
In Fort Lauderdale running a 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD 2 veg tanks HOH 2 upgraded greasecar vavles 3/8 fuel line 5/8 heater line HOH Hose wrapped filter. Injector Line heater on the Common Rail. 2nd car 2005 Mercedes CDI, Raw Power fuel pump, 36 gallon veg tank in trunk coolant heated HOH, rubber hose wrapped fuel filter, FPHE, 3 greasecar valves, Common rail line heater.
November 17, 2006, 05:31 PM
Fla._Deadheader
maddasher, Don't take this wrong, I just would feel more comfortable dealing directly with Buuuuud. Thanks for the offer, though.

I am having my Son contact Buuuud through Paypal, and he can do the conversion with the assistance of a friend that is VERY Computer savvy, and can make the pics really good over the net. Thanks again.
November 18, 2006, 02:24 AM
Buuuuud
Hey Guy's

Please don't be doing this copying thing. All of the stuff is Copyrighted.

Thanks Fla_Deadheader for being honest. I know you folks that order plans always want them yesterday but I just can't do the instant email stuff. I just don't know how. I'm 73 years old and I didn't grow up with all these wires and chip and I just don't have the knowledge that I wish I had.

When you get to be my age, you are stiff everywhere except where you should be and my hearing is so bad that the only way I know when I fart is when it jars me real bad. That is also when I know that I've soiled myself a little. This isn't my choice, It's whats called maturity. Getting old ain't for wimps, so please keep in mind that you are all going to be doing it. So please guys, cut me a little slack.

Thanks for listening to my complaints, from here in the West.

Buuuuud
November 18, 2006, 06:44 AM
Fla._Deadheader
No problem, Buuuuud. My son in Fl will be in contact soon.
November 18, 2006, 01:59 PM
Canola 7.3
Hey Bud I would like to purchase a set of plans also. Have you got the Paypal thing sorted out yet? I have been running waiste canola oil in my 89 F250 for a year now. My only problem is cold weather, I am going to build a tank heater in hopes of eliminating this problem.
quote:
Originally posted by Buuuuud:
Coachgeo,

This PayPal thing is getting to be a nightmare! We have not been able to find anyone that can give us any answers. How the hell does it work !!!!!!!!!!!

Buuuuud

November 18, 2006, 04:03 PM
im6under
quote:
You can order through PayPal or with credit card through PayPal and the account number is my e-mail which is posted on my profile. We also take checks money orders or cash, if you have picture ID. Yuk Yuk. US price = $27.50, Canada = $28.50. E-mail is spikee@lewiscounty.com

Snail mail

Bud Pitts
5162 Hwy. 508
Morton, Wash. 98356

Thanks for your interest.

Buuuuud

Though your argument is very clever, I don't think it will lead to the results you desire. gandhi
November 18, 2006, 04:04 PM
Buuuuud
Canola 7.3,

Yup, it is all set up, thanks to Coachgeo and BBBuddy. They got me lined out in good shape. We can even accept credit cards through PayPal. How about that! Use my e-mail address, spikee@lewiscounty.com so far it has been working real well, and the plans go out in the very next available first class mail.

That's the way it work at my house, here in the west.

Buuuuud
December 10, 2006, 12:09 AM
gozapper
Question for Buuuud;
What rpms does you centrifuge operate?

gozapper
December 10, 2006, 12:38 PM
TROU
if you send buud a cheque for a little more than his asking price ..you mite get some pix ...thanx mate ..hay buud ..thingkin bout making the inside vertical wall a bit concave.....ye i no more wall thickness .wadea think...TROU
December 11, 2006, 12:45 AM
Buuuuud
TROU,

You can make it comcaved if you like. It would make the contaminants easier to clean (maybe) as the bad stuff would be more concentrated. The most important thing is that the inside wall be machined true with the spindle bore.

There are pictures with the plans, at no extra charge.

Buuuuud
December 11, 2006, 02:08 AM
Suburban
Dewatering systems and centerfuge oil cleaners are available in variouse sizes for large boats and can be found used in shipyards and boat junkyards/surplus places.

As for the homemade versions.... anyone ever used a juiceman juicer.... simple centerfuge...high RPM... small size... available at garage sales for $50 or less... easily modified for micron filtering at high volume... easy to clean.
December 11, 2006, 07:01 AM
JojoJaro
Has anyone confirmed whether Buuuuud's centrifuge can remove water based on centrifugal action? I'm talking about all forms of water: free, dissolved and emusified.

Who has a working centrifuge that they are using right now?

Buuuuud, please share your experiences with this centrifuge as far as removing water.
December 11, 2006, 05:41 PM
Tom M
Budd I have send you a check by snale mail. Please send any photo that might be available.
Tom Maring
December 12, 2006, 12:54 AM
Buuuuud
Tom, there will be some pictures in the centrifuge plans. I am not able to send them to by e-mail.

Jojo,

I'm in the process of doing some testing with some clean oil that has been put through the centrifuge by whipping some water into warm oil and then I will re-run it and do some testing before and after. I'll post it later.

Buuuuud
December 30, 2006, 06:19 AM
rkpatt
Has anyone completed their centrifuge based on
Buuuuud's plans yet ? I am looking at this vs a Dieselcraft CF . I would like to know how difficult it it was to build , cost ( parts and machine work) , and performance. - Thanks

1994 F250 IDI 7.3 NA E4OD

Remember that the forum search/"find" feature does not include the archives . Search the forum archives here-

http://www.biodieseldiscussion.com/forums/search.php
December 30, 2006, 08:13 PM
Buuuuud
rkpatt,

I think there are 3 completed or near completion. One in Australia, one in the Phillipines and I think there is one nearly finished in the UK. I don't know of any that are even close to completion in the US or Canada.

The only part if the centrifuge that has to be machined on a lathe is the rotor, and most any machine shop should be able to do it. Those that would be unable to do it, I would not consider them a viable shop to do even the simplest machine work.

After reading all of the thoughts of folks that have gotten the plans I can easily see whey they have not finished their centrifuge.

Everyone seems to think that they can make it better by doing it their own way to do a job better. I have a big problem with that way of thinking and doing things. My theory is that if something work, WHY TRY TO FIX IT BEFORE YOU BUILD IT.

Some say they can't find the material for the rotor. The best place to look is at metal salvage yards. If you talk to them and they don't have what you want, put in an order and eventually they will have it. The material might not be exactly what you need, but it will work and most of it is new material left overs.

If I had your e-mail address I could send you some other info. My e-mail is on my profile.

That's what I think, here in the West

Buuuuud
December 31, 2006, 07:17 PM
rkpatt
One of the things I wonder about is how much outside work ( welding and/or machine work will cost ) . Any estimates on the average time to make the custom parts ( rotor and whatever else ) are appreciated .

Will this pull more or less Gs that the high rpm Dieselcraft ?

1994 F250 IDI 7.3 NA E4OD

Remember that the forum search/"find" feature does not include the archives . Search the forum archives here-

http://www.biodieseldiscussion.com/forums/search.php