Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for WVO
 Login/Join

posted
I am new to the WVO burning having just purchased an 83 MB sd turboD 2 tank conversion. I was hoping I could find someone fairly local to buy some from. I live about 25 min. South of the ATL. I would like to buy as much Oil as I can get my hands on till I can try to find a local source. If anyone can help please shoot me an email. cwilliams2840@bellsouth.net

Chris

posted Hide Post
Lucky for you, grease is in pretty good supply with a good economy and folks eating out, and diesel prices very low. Most times, I don't recommend buying a conversion vehicle until you have proven you can find, store, dewater and filter at LEAST 300 gallons of oil to make sure that you (and your family) can handle the work, smell, and mess of This Thing of Ours.

That said: craigslist ad. Its where I get 90% of my oil.

2013 sponsor
posted Hide Post
What do you say in your Craigslist ad? I tried once but didn't get one response.

Around here the value for used oil in the animal feed market has dropped to next to nothing, probably a third of what it used to be. That's according to a friend who used to make biodiesel but got out of production and started just hauling his oil to a recycling plant.

2002 F-250, 7.3l on WVO since '04
'82 VW Rabbit diesel 1.6l na
'83 GMC 6.2l Class C RV
'85 F-350, 6.9l flat bed
'85 E-350, 6.9l cube van
2 Mercedes 300SD's
3 Chinese Changfa-style diesel generators- 12kw, 8kw & 7.5kw
Mitsubishi 3 cyl diesel generator/light tower
Kubota 2 cyl. diesel, water cooled air compressor
Onan 12.5kw air-cooled diesel genset
I run my company entirely on renewable energy including electricity from generators running on biofuels.

Location: El Dorado, Ark | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just say that I will pick up used oil. I get about 4 calls per month. Sometimes for HUGE scores!!!