BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Straight Vegetable Oil (SVO) as fuel  Hop To Forums  General SVO Discussion    what do you guys do with the gunk from veg oil

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what do you guys do with the gunk from veg oil
 Login/Join

posted
what do you guys do with the gunk that come from veggie oil after it's been run through a centrifuge?? do you toss it or do you make something else from it??

Location: los angeles | Registered: February 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's mixed with sawdust, packed into milk cartons and burned in the stove.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
compost or in the trash can to be turned into electricity

1-tank Elsbett VW TDI , 220,000 WVO miles.
http://ctbiodzl.freeshell.org/votdi.html
and a '92 F-250 with only a FPHE

Location: Ct,USA | Registered: November 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2013 sponsor
posted Hide Post
Kind of like John Galt's route, I mix my hydrogenated glop that has settled (stuff too nasty to use as fuel) and mix it with wood chips/sawdust. Instead of milk cartons, I use the heavy cardboard cores from rolls of carpet. Cut them to 24", fold over one end- a hammer works well. Pack with the wood chips/glop, fold over the other end. I call them glop logs and they burn really nice in a double-barrel wood heater... using one of those Vogelzang kits using a couple of 55 gallon drums. Next... add some air for secondary combustion close to the top of the first drum.

2002 F-250, 7.3l on WVO since '04
'82 VW Rabbit diesel 1.6l na
'83 GMC 6.2l Class C RV
'85 F-350, 6.9l flat bed
'85 E-350, 6.9l cube van
2 Mercedes 300SD's
3 Chinese Changfa-style diesel generators- 12kw, 8kw & 7.5kw
Mitsubishi 3 cyl diesel generator/light tower
Kubota 2 cyl. diesel, water cooled air compressor
Onan 12.5kw air-cooled diesel genset
I run my company entirely on renewable energy including electricity from generators running on biofuels.

Location: El Dorado, Ark | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post