BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Straight Vegetable Oil (SVO) as fuel  Hop To Forums  General SVO Discussion    Post your Fuel Dispensing Setup!

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Post your Fuel Dispensing Setup!
 Login/Join

posted
I am interested in everyone's Fuel Dispensing setup's. I want to see what everyone else has to fill their vehicles so I can build a new setup for myself.

If you don't have a picture, just post telling us what parts and/or items you use.

Thanks again!

1985 300SD 160k miles
1992 F350 7.3 Dually 135k (Newly Acquired and 2 tank conversion coming soon!)

Location: Naples, FL | Registered: November 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2013 Sponsor
posted Hide Post

Location: Cowboy Country | Registered: December 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's my set up. 55 gallon drum with pump and meter (cheap ebay item, meter is now gone due to it not being even close to being accurate), 10 micron junk filter into a Cim tek 2 micron filter.

Alvin
'01 F250 7.3 4x4 Lariat Crew
'95 Mercedes Benz E300 D

Location: Seattle | Registered: January 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry about that. Here'e the filter set up.

Alvin
'01 F250 7.3 4x4 Lariat Crew
'95 Mercedes Benz E300 D

Location: Seattle | Registered: January 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Location: Virginia | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Location: Kirkland | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
A bucket and a funnel?

Sock drains into bucket, bucket poured into funnel.
I'm lucky, I found a yellow diagonal funnel that locks into the opening on my Jetta

1-tank Elsbett VW TDI , 220,000 WVO miles.
http://ctbiodzl.freeshell.org/votdi.html
and a '92 F-250 with only a FPHE

Location: Ct,USA | Registered: November 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like this guys set up. Check out his pump at 3:40 min.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P65KDgrRIN0

Location: Oshawa, Ontario. Canada | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to run clean oil straight from the centrifuge into a cleaned poly barrel. Then when I needed to fill the tank, I just used an air pump -- the $60 kind that lightly pressurizes the barrel and forces the oil up the pickup tube and through a hose into the tank. Barrels were free disposals from the local car wash, and were easily cleaned and reusable. Already had a compressor in the garage to run the pump, and it was sure easier and faster than the old hand crank pump!

Cheers, John

posted Hide Post
30 gal HDPE barrel(s) are used for fuel blending and storage.
A 2" male cam lock is screwed into the barrel, and the pump has a 2" female cam lock.
This makes it easy to move the pump/filter assembly between fuel barrels.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: john galt,

ImageVOpmpflt.jpg (35 Kb, 68 downloads) Fuel Pump/Filter

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you John Galt for the simplest trouble free design that I have been using for the last 5 years and a few thousand gallons. Fuel comes out perfect all the time with very little maintenance.

2002 Ford F-350 7.3 with DIY checkvalve style system

Location: Capistrano Beach, CA | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's worked for me for about the same time. I wanted something that was simple, easy, low maintenance, and didn't need electricity. The design came about from seeing what other forum members were using, and combining the best ideas I could find. Clean fuel is pumped directly into the vehicle tank.

The barrels of fuel mix are stored outside. The 'summer fuel' BD & VO from fats and PHO settle out in cold temperatures and the cold filtering ensures they don't get in the vehicle tank. The mix in the barrel is adjusted with solvents to keep pumping pressures below 25PSI. That ensures the fuel is thin enough for the vehicle's fuel system. Simple, cost effective, and 'self regulating' in cold temperatures.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thank you guys for all of the great posts! I love this forum!

1985 300SD 160k miles
1992 F350 7.3 Dually 135k (Newly Acquired and 2 tank conversion coming soon!)

Location: Naples, FL | Registered: November 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pre filter from cubby thru a 200u barrel screen, when full, heat and settle, when ready, I reheat, filter to 5u thru an X100 filter into 3 clean 55s for storage. I hand pump it into 5 gal gal cans and use a small 12v bilge pump to transfer to my onboard oil tank as needed. No pouring, less spilling.

Merk
2016 GMC Canyon, 2.8 4 Cyl Duramax

Location: Etna, NH | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My set-up looks similar to this one posted at
http://make-biodiesel.org/Misc...-drum-dispenser.html

My pump is the crank type and I use a whole-house water filter, but the principle is the same.
The cam-lock fittings make pump transfer easy as pie.

posted Hide Post

'05 CRD B100
'01 TDi B100

Location: Colorado | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's impressive!!!