BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Straight Vegetable Oil (SVO) as fuel  Hop To Forums  General SVO Discussion    Help me understand Mercedes fuel filter banjo bolt

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help me understand Mercedes fuel filter banjo bolt
 Login/Join

posted
I was wondering, in the stock Mercedes fuel setup, if one would block output port from filter, and also block return line from injectors and injection pump before it enters fuel filter, would fuel pumped by the stock lift pump find its way through banjo bolt into the return line to the tank?

MB w124 300TD, 1992, single tank Elsbett kit.

posted Hide Post
The banjo bolt on top of the filter housing has an orifice in it to bleed a very small portion of fuel back to the tank. A clever idea to keep air from getting to the injection pump, if a small leak develops in the suction side of the system. That is, between the tank and the pump.I had to block this hole on my SVO system. Maybe this will help.

Location: Ontario | Registered: May 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post