Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WVO car recommendations
 Login/Join

posted
I love my pickup... been successfully running WVO for several years now. However, the wife would like a car, preferably a sedan. Because everything's been running so smoothly with the truck I've convinced her to go veggie with the future car (don't worry, we're keeping the truck!). The only thing is, I don't know which model of car is best for running veg.
In your experience, what makes, models, years of cars run best on WVO?

Location: wander | Registered: May 28, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been searching for a month. The best vehicles are indirect injection engines. I know the AAZ code engine. I live in turkey. In a few days I will buy a car with vw golf 3 aaz. I'm going to use the vaste vegetable oil for this engine.

posted Hide Post
I've got a 03 jetta sedan that you maybe interested in, runs clean and has a simple really great system in it, see my ad in the for sale section

Merk
03 Jetta TDI 12 gal marine tank in trunk w/copper heat exchanger no intank connections, coolant heated copper coiled fuel filter, HIH, 10 plate FPHE & two 3 port wvodesign fuel valves. Timer/relay purge.

Location: Etna, NH | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As the guy lives in Turkey I seriously doubt he would be interested in buying your car and arranging transport.

posted Hide Post
You can't run any vehicle with a DPF, which rules out 2006 and newer.
The '96-2005 VW TDI's have a good track record if done correctly.
80'2 and 90's M-B's are good also.

The biggest problem at this point is having to buy a car that is at least 11 years old, without a lot of miles or rust on it.
The floors can rust out of VW's and the front shock tower rusts on 90's M-B's.

DON'T get an old cheap beater 'just in case'. You need good compression to ensure complete combustion.

1-tank Elsbett VW TDI , 220,000 WVO miles.
http://ctbiodzl.freeshell.org/votdi.html
and a '92 F-250 with only a FPHE

Location: Ct,USA | Registered: November 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had great success with single tank elsbett-style conversions in my 1981 Isuzu I-Marks. I have one sedan and one LS (2-door couple). Between the two cars, I have ran about 100k miles of WVO through the stock (un-rebuilt) engines. Much like the Isuzu P'up trucks, the engines in these sedans are extremely well engineered IDI diesel engines which thrive on WVO. These cars/engines are far more reliable than the 80s VW diesels, as they almost never have cooling system problems. The biggest issue that I have encountered with them is that the interior wears out easily, particularly the seats... but I am a pretty big guy (200+ pounds / 6" tall) so the seats are a bit small for me.

Elsewhere in the world, they were sold as Opel Kadetts and Holden Gemini. The engine I am familiar with is called the 4FB1.

I used to work as a certified installer for Plantdrive here in the states, and aside from the old IDI Mercedes engines, I have never found engines that thrive on WVO as much as the early 80s Isuzu engines do.

Best of luck!

Casey

Location: portland, oregon | Registered: November 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hi Cocheeze,
Welcome to the forum.

That brings back memories.
I had a Holden Gemini Diesel. It was a great little car.
They were brought into Australia as knock-down kits from Japan and assembled in Brisbane.
Only guessing but I probably had 100km on it using biodiesel.
The engine never missed a beat but rust finally put it off the road.

The Diesel engine still lives in a boat my friend made.

If they were still sold new I would buy one tomorrow

Location: ลึก ประเทศอินเดีย | Registered: March 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You make a very valid point Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Seadog:
As the guy lives in Turkey I seriously doubt he would be interested in buying your car and arranging transport.

Merk
03 Jetta TDI 12 gal marine tank in trunk w/copper heat exchanger no intank connections, coolant heated copper coiled fuel filter, HIH, 10 plate FPHE & two 3 port wvodesign fuel valves. Timer/relay purge.

Location: Etna, NH | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had around ten veggie vehicle, by far the best of them all was a Jeep Liberty CRD. 140k grease miles and running perfect when I wrecked it. Twisted it all up. What a waste of a great vehicle.

Robert
In Fort Lauderdale running a 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD 2 veg tanks HOH 2 upgraded greasecar vavles 3/8 fuel line 5/8 heater line HOH Hose wrapped filter. Injector Line heater on the Common Rail. 2nd car 2005 Mercedes CDI, Raw Power fuel pump, 36 gallon veg tank in trunk coolant heated HOH, rubber hose wrapped fuel filter, FPHE, 3 greasecar valves, Common rail line heater.

Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL | Registered: June 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post