Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home
WVO car recommendations

This topic can be found at:
http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/159605551/m/8317006183

September 28, 2017, 11:39 AM
Loxley
WVO car recommendations
I love my pickup... been successfully running WVO for several years now. However, the wife would like a car, preferably a sedan. Because everything's been running so smoothly with the truck I've convinced her to go veggie with the future car (don't worry, we're keeping the truck!). The only thing is, I don't know which model of car is best for running veg.
In your experience, what makes, models, years of cars run best on WVO?

http://www.storyconnective.org
October 10, 2017, 12:34 PM
beginner
I've been searching for a month. The best vehicles are indirect injection engines. I know the AAZ code engine. I live in turkey. In a few days I will buy a car with vw golf 3 aaz. I'm going to use the vaste vegetable oil for this engine.
October 25, 2017, 11:17 AM
merk
I've got a 03 jetta sedan that you maybe interested in, runs clean and has a simple really great system in it, see my ad in the for sale section

Merk
03 Jetta TDI 12 gal marine tank in trunk w/copper heat exchanger no intank connections, coolant heated copper coiled fuel filter, HIH, 10 plate FPHE & two 3 port wvodesign fuel valves. Timer/relay purge.
October 30, 2017, 09:06 AM
Mr. Seadog
As the guy lives in Turkey I seriously doubt he would be interested in buying your car and arranging transport.
November 03, 2017, 01:38 PM
jburke
You can't run any vehicle with a DPF, which rules out 2006 and newer.
The '96-2005 VW TDI's have a good track record if done correctly.
80'2 and 90's M-B's are good also.

The biggest problem at this point is having to buy a car that is at least 11 years old, without a lot of miles or rust on it.
The floors can rust out of VW's and the front shock tower rusts on 90's M-B's.

DON'T get an old cheap beater 'just in case'. You need good compression to ensure complete combustion.

1-tank Elsbett VW TDI , 220,000 WVO miles.
http://ctbiodzl.freeshell.org/votdi.html
and a '92 F-250 with only a FPHE
November 04, 2017, 03:07 PM
cocheeze
I have had great success with single tank elsbett-style conversions in my 1981 Isuzu I-Marks. I have one sedan and one LS (2-door couple). Between the two cars, I have ran about 100k miles of WVO through the stock (un-rebuilt) engines. Much like the Isuzu P'up trucks, the engines in these sedans are extremely well engineered IDI diesel engines which thrive on WVO. These cars/engines are far more reliable than the 80s VW diesels, as they almost never have cooling system problems. The biggest issue that I have encountered with them is that the interior wears out easily, particularly the seats... but I am a pretty big guy (200+ pounds / 6" tall) so the seats are a bit small for me.

Elsewhere in the world, they were sold as Opel Kadetts and Holden Gemini. The engine I am familiar with is called the 4FB1.

I used to work as a certified installer for Plantdrive here in the states, and aside from the old IDI Mercedes engines, I have never found engines that thrive on WVO as much as the early 80s Isuzu engines do.

Best of luck!

Casey
November 04, 2017, 06:43 PM
Tilly
Hi Cocheeze,
Welcome to the forum.

That brings back memories.
I had a Holden Gemini Diesel. It was a great little car.
They were brought into Australia as knock-down kits from Japan and assembled in Brisbane.
Only guessing but I probably had 100km on it using biodiesel.
The engine never missed a beat but rust finally put it off the road.

The Diesel engine still lives in a boat my friend made.

If they were still sold new I would buy one tomorrow

November 08, 2017, 11:49 AM
merk
You make a very valid point Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Seadog:
As the guy lives in Turkey I seriously doubt he would be interested in buying your car and arranging transport.

Merk
03 Jetta TDI 12 gal marine tank in trunk w/copper heat exchanger no intank connections, coolant heated copper coiled fuel filter, HIH, 10 plate FPHE & two 3 port wvodesign fuel valves. Timer/relay purge.