BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Straight Vegetable Oil (SVO) as fuel  Hop To Forums  General SVO Discussion    SVO on Ford F250 2008 6.4L TubroDiesel

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SVO on Ford F250 2008 6.4L TubroDiesel
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,

I am new on this, I never had before a diesel engine car but I am about to get a Ford F250 year 2008 with a 6.4 L turbodiesel engine. Is there any problem on using SVO on that engine? does any one has any experience on that?

Also, what modification I have to do or what treatment I need to do on the veggie oil to use it as fuel? any place where I can review the procedure?

Thanks!

Peter

posted Hide Post
That has a DPF that uses a regeneration cycle which basically sends raw fuel into the engine on the exhaust stroke to burn soot out of the exhaust. If you run Veg oil this would send veg oil into the engine and clog it and the DPF up. So that would have to be turned off. Hard to do and illegal, for the most part. I have seen it done on a Mercedes it was an expensive conversion but paying for itself quickly.

Robert
In Fort Lauderdale running a 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD 2 veg tanks HOH 2 upgraded greasecar vavles 3/8 fuel line 5/8 heater line HOH Hose wrapped filter. Injector Line heater on the Common Rail. 2nd car 2005 Mercedes CDI, Raw Power fuel pump, 36 gallon veg tank in trunk coolant heated HOH, rubber hose wrapped fuel filter, FPHE, 3 greasecar valves, Common rail line heater.

Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL | Registered: June 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
F that uses a regeneration cycle which basically sends raw fuel into the engine on the exhaust stroke to

Thanks for the info. What does DPF means?

Where can i found info on the conversion?

posted Hide Post
DPF stands for Diesel Particulate Filter.
Its a screen that collects soot for a couple hundred miles then the engine operation heats the exhaust to burn off the soot and start over. This mechanism doesn't work with bio-diesel or vegetable oil fuels. The DPF is very expensive to replace.
I don't know of any conversions available for DPF equipped diesels. Many specifically state they will not work with a DPF.

1-tank Elsbett VW TDI , 220,000 WVO miles.
http://ctbiodzl.freeshell.org/votdi.html
and a '92 F-250 with only a FPHE

Location: Ct,USA | Registered: November 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
cool. thanks!

And what happens if you take the DPF out of the engine?