Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

wvo filter bag ideas
 Login/Join

posted

Box of 8 5"diameter x 119" long 1 micron prefilter bags 1 micron prefilter bags are ideal to filter waste vegetable oil. You can make several filter socks out of one tube !

omar
www.omarsales.com

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Omar,

Location: Kirkland | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty slick idea

---
Dan
1983 Mercedes 240D - 2 tank SVO

Location: Rohnert Park, CA (Sonoma County) | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonder how they decided jeans denim was 10 micron?

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sounds generous to me too.

Bill

The more I learn, the more I realize just how much more I need to learn.

Location: Maryland, United States | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I seem to remember that denim is in the 20-30 micron range.
Clever way to pre-filter oil in any case.
I'm using denim as an intermediate filter, but the bag is designed to fit in a 5 gal water bottle for about 3 sq ft of filter area.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With shipping you are paying $12 for a rather small sock filter, and if you invert the cube to filter through the jean sock the clear oil will move up and the gunk will go through first and just plug it. Not worth it. Chris

Location: West Chazy, NY | Registered: April 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
http://www.cleangrease.com
Mike at Clean Grease

CleanGrease@Yahoo.com

A filtering system should be able to handle all qualities of oil. For example, sometimes, oil containers have contamination from rainwater and it will need to be removed to make the oil fuel quality. Some of the oil I pickup from Japanese Restaurants is so clean it requires very little cleaning. The Burger joint, on the other hand, has such dirty oil it quickly clogs my filters. The following is the system I use to make even the dirtiest oil Clean Grease!

The following photos show my existing system. I clean Waste Vegetable Oil with this system plus I can make batches of Biodiesel to start and stop my vehicles with.

The following descriptions are from right to left:

#1 This is the conical tank I use to mist wash WVO that is very dirty. This tank is also used as a processor tank to make batches of Biodiesel. I also use this tank to wash the fuel

#2 The second tank is a drying tank for Biodiesel

#3 The third tank is the oil filtering, settling and heating tank

#4 The teal FSI X-100 filter has a 1 micron filter element

#5 This is 36 gallon vacuum tank to dewater the oil

#6 This is my sucker tank which I use to pick oil from the restaurants

#7 The last barrel is the clean oil barrel for filtered and dewatered oil

have a good read
Omar
www.omarsales.com

Location: Kirkland | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

5 gal bucket system if you do not have a lot of room

http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/959605551/m/3871013212

have a good read
Omar
www.omarsales.com

posted Hide Post

http://www.biodieselcommunity.org

Solar Preheat Oil
by Rick da Tech of B100 Supply
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Click Here

Use Solar Preheating to liquify oils before filtering and processing. There three methods that are in use by homebrewers.

1. Paint a 55-gallon drum black and sit it in the sun. This works really well in the summer. This calls for moving drums full of oil, which can be a problem for some. Methods of moving full drums of vegetable oil include tilt and roll, using a drum truck ($150 and up) or a drum dolly ($30 and up). A drum dolly is inexpensive but requires an even surface and is difficult to move from drum to drum. A drum truck is expensive, but does not need an even surface and can quickly be moved from drum to drum.

2. Build a solar bucket or drum box. This works year round.

http://www.biodieselcommunity.org/solarpreheatoil/

have a good read
Omar
www.omarsales.com

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Veggie Oil Fuel Home Processing Plant - Filtering

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bK0Pov-Meg

have a good view
Omar
www.omarsales.com

posted Hide Post
Very beneficial... Thanks Omar!

Location: On my computer at this moment :) | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smile

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

chuck.goolsbee.org

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post