BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Straight Vegetable Oil (SVO) as fuel  Hop To Forums  General SVO Discussion    Lets put together a list of all the cheapest prices for parts...
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lets put together a list of all the cheapest prices for parts...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
It is confusing when you donlt use the "quote" feature. Makes everthing look like you are the author of everythin in the post.

Does a kit ad really belong in this discussion/list of cheapest parts?

Location: Central MN..Brrrrrr! | Registered: November 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's not a Jetta, it's a Greasecar *kit* for a Jetta - here's the first line of Omar's post: Greasecar WVO Vege Oil Kit for Jetta, NB, Golf, Passat

Even though I wouldn't suject my Jetta to such a thing, if I had a Jetta, it seems helpful for Omar to have posted it.

Craig

www.PlantDrive.com

1972 Land Rover Defender/Series Hybrid, 300Tdi, Two-Tank PlantDrive system: HotFox, Vormax, Vegtherm Standard
Wife's car: 2001 VW Tdi New Beetle: PlantDrive TwoTank system: Donut tank for start-stop, VegMax, Vegtherm standard, 3-3-port valves, controller

Location: Berkeley, California, USA | Registered: March 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
when a 16, 24, or 30 plate fphe just won't cut the mustard...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1600...ame=ADME:B:FSEL:US:1

Though your argument is very clever, I don't think it will lead to the results you desire. gandhi

Location: iowa | Registered: December 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hydrometer for Methanol recovery.

http://www.onlinesciencemall.com/Shop/Control/Product/f...0/vpcsid/0/SFV/30852

$7.50 plus shipping. Good guys. I've bought from them several times.

-Jim

www dot FryerPower dot com
1987 300DT (The sedan, not the wagon.) Some modifications to the fuel system.
1995 S350D Unmodified fuel system.
I plead the 5th.

Location: Middle Tennessee, Jack Daniel's country | Registered: August 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.alliedelec.com/Search/ProductDetail.asp?SKU=...sid=455E4D007A6BE17F

Selco
Thermostat; Disc; 125/250 VAC; 15/10 A; Normally Open; Quick Connect; Phenolic

$7.06 (Each)

for you Thermostat; Disc needs

Omar
www.omarsales.com

Location: Kirkland | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a good source of snap disk thermostats. That page has a link to the data sheet. Make sure that you order the correct one for your needs. They have both normally open and normally closed models. Also if you are using it for temperature control, get the narrowest differance between open and closed for the most precise control.

Ron
'85 300D
'83 300D
Since '80 former WVO conversions:
'83 240D
'80 Audi 4000D
'83 Isuzu Pup
'86 Golf
'76 Honda Civic with Kubota engine
Several generators
Kubota Tractor

Location: NY | Registered: November 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post

Location: Kirkland | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or buy a tried and true Vegtherm with Bosch 50A relay, auto-resetting circuit breaker, marine-grade wire, top quality crimp-on connectors, and mounting clips - and instructions, and have no worries about burned out glowplugs. Mega's are on sale for $139: http://www.plantdrive.com/shop/product.php?productid=16135

Craig

www.PlantDrive.com

1972 Land Rover Defender/Series Hybrid, 300Tdi, Two-Tank PlantDrive system: HotFox, Vormax, Vegtherm Standard
Wife's car: 2001 VW Tdi New Beetle: PlantDrive TwoTank system: Donut tank for start-stop, VegMax, Vegtherm standard, 3-3-port valves, controller

Location: Berkeley, California, USA | Registered: March 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
some folks just like to live on the wvo edge of high heat and carbon ... Cool O

posted Hide Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Waste-Oil-Pump-Bio-Diesel-Biodi...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

been thinking about using an engine oil pump for moving your veg around??? here it is all put togather and ready to go...

Though your argument is very clever, I don't think it will lead to the results you desire. gandhi

posted Hide Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte...tem=&item=7924546236

Description (revised)

SquareTrade © AP6.0
This "buy-it-now" store auction is for a new, very heavy-duty, 16 GA., 15 Gallon (net), near-universal fuel tank for long wheel-base, wideside Chevy, Dodge, or Ford pickups. They are made to fit just about all of them from the '80s through 2005, will fit either side, and allow about 48 1/2" of width after installation in the bed for plywood sheets, etc. If you have a very new Dodge or Ford, you may have to cut off or unbolt a side tie-down which protrudes into the bed.

We do not know of another in-bed "saddle" tank like this being made today.

The tank is set up with a 1/2" female NP (pipe) outlet which can be used to draw fuel, either front or back. There is a vented cap, and an "evap" fitting on top which the pictures do not show.. They are vanilla-plain, and designed to handle diesel, gasoline, biodiesel, WVO ("veggie" oil), ULO, etc.

We sell them as an in-bed storage tank, and we have heard reports of customers using them for auxiliary fuel tanks.

The tank you receive will have the top and bottom mount tabs set within 6" of the side of the tank, both side and bottom.

When I set mine up, I used heavy self-tapping 1" long screws with fender washers, and they work perfectly. You could also use bolts, etc.

The tank is 7"X32"X17." They are made from special anti-corrosion steel which is used for this purpose.

If you have any questions, please email or call me, Joel, sawyer@pacifier(dot)com, or C503-470-0271.

We also have lower-cost tanks which are 22 and 29 gallons available for $195 and $295 respectively. They are made for different applications, and can be easily bolted into a pickup, but will not fit as neatly.

This tank weighs 28 pounds, and we would prefer it be picked up at the depot in Portland, Oregon. We can ship, but will have to charge $20 to wrap and protect the tank for shipment, sorry.

posted Hide Post
Here is a very similar RCI aluminum tank I used in my truck. The filler fitting on the top comes off and is real easy to mount a heated pickup in it. Much lower price than the above tank, and it has a level sender installed.

YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary, see www.burnveg.com/forum
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4
Zero fossil house- 100% solar power and heat.

Location: N. Colorado | Registered: August 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
price per gallon seems to be much more expensive.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by im6under:
price per gallon seems to be much more expensive.

How do you figure that? Mine is 17 gal. for $269, the one omar linked is 15 gal. for $395.

The nice thing with either one is you still get full use of the bed to carry 4x8 loads.

YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary, see www.burnveg.com/forum
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4
Zero fossil house- 100% solar power and heat.

Location: N. Colorado | Registered: August 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
How do you figure that? Mine is 17 gal. for $269, the one omar linked is 15 gal. for $395.

*cough cough* 395??? pardon my lack of reading english...lol

I read the "22 and 29 gallons available for $195 and $295 respectively." and mistook that for pricing. thanks for the follow-up/correction.

posted Hide Post
http://www.fenwalcontrols.com/utcfs/Templates/Pages/Tem...5&siteId=375,00.html

Series 08-81 low temperature
probe-type thermostats are
designed specifically for
applications where hermeticity
and vibration resistance are
required. A snap-acting, bimetal
disc, mounted in the tip of the
probe, provides fast thermal
response and rapid, positive
contact action when the preset
temperature is reached.

Series 08-81
Standard Model

Probe Type, Snap Acting
Series Features:
100% factory temperature tested
Snap-action switching
Hermetically sealed
Shock and vibration resistant
High contact force and excellent
wiping action of the contacts
combine to make the probe
suitable for light loads of
100 milliamperes or less
Specifications:
Tamper-proof, preset
temperatures from
10° to 350°F (-12° to 177°C)
Ratings to 5A at 120/240
VAC resistive
Agency Approvals:
CSA
Applications:
Food equipment
Air & refrigeration compressors
Hydraulic systems
Engine gearbox coolant and lubricant
Medical equipment

posted Hide Post
quote:

That reminded me of something I have. Geo Metros and Suzuki Swifts with A/C have a similar temp switch to shut off the A/C when the engine overheats. It has normally closed contacts that open at (I think) 225°F. I think they would work good for controlling electric fuel heaters. The threads are 1/8" BSPT, which will work in a 1/8" NPT port. Look for them on the intake manifolds of the cars. They have one terminal and are larger than the similar-looking gauge sending unit. Other cars might have the same thing, but I haven't noticed.

Location: New York State | Registered: August 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Filters -

Baldwin brand , Dahl brand , Racor brand -www.adiesel.com

Wix brand- www.filter1.com, www.fleetfilter.com (NAPA labeled Wix ), also local NAPA B&M gives 7%
discount to AAA members .

Cim-Tek brand - www.petroparts.com , www.jmesales.com

Fram - www.filterbarn.com free shipping on on orders $75 and up .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rkpatt,

1994 F250 IDI 7.3 NA E4OD

Remember that the forum search/"find" feature does not include the archives . Search the forum archives here-

http://www.biodieseldiscussion.com/forums/search.php

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/mepages/3003versatube.php

Soft aluminum tubing for instrument air and vacuum lines, fuel and oil lines, and primer lines
O.D. (In.) Wall Thickness Max. Working Pressure* (PSI)
Part No.
Price Per Ft.
Buy

1/8 .028 1820 03-40200 $0.34
3/16 .028 880 03-40300 $0.42
1/4 .032 795 03-40400 $0.50
5/16 .035 630 03-40500 $0.51
3/8 .035 520 03-40600 $0.68
1/2 .035 390 03-40700 $0.86
5/8 .035 305 03-40800 $0.93
*Safety factor of 2.
20% discount for full 50' coils of Versatube