BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Straight Vegetable Oil (SVO) as fuel  Hop To Forums  General SVO Discussion    What have I missed in the last 12 years?

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What have I missed in the last 12 years?
 Login/Join

posted
Over the course of 2004 and 2005 I was here almost every day. I spent a year researching svo and then taught myself how to convert my mercedes 300d. I learned how to make biodiesel and appleseed processors here. Made 12 of them.
Then I sold the vehicles and life happened. Long story short I've been out of the loop. I'll be converting an , as yet unpurchased ,school bus next year and was wondering ....what innovations have I missed since 2006? Whats new in svo diy?

2013 Sponsor
posted Hide Post
Welcome back,

You might check out www.make-biodiesel.org I've tried to summarize the advances on this forum on that website.

For the latest in the UK on biodiesel and SVO you might want to visit the Vegetable Oil Diesel Forum or their Biopowered Wiki.

Personally, I think Dry Washing Biodiesel with Wood Chips has been the biggest thing in diy biodiesel since 2006. Of course in 2006, Tilly introduced us to the 3/27 test. If you missed that one you probably missed the biggest thing in diy since the Appleseed.

As far as SVO goes, I think the biggest advance you might have missed was the adoption of using a centrifuge to clean SVO.

Rick

Location: Cowboy Country | Registered: December 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What engine is in the as yet unpurchased school bus?

The main thing that has happened in the svo world is that folks have discovered that some newer engines are not at all well suited for SVO conversion.