Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home
trying to choose right vehicle

This topic can be found at:
http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/159605551/m/5927051183

November 20, 2016, 10:37 PM
thesniffingratty
trying to choose right vehicle
I'm looking for a van that has third row seats and can also do work to convert to SVO. I will do a good 2 tank conversion with veg therm. I don't have that much money to spend on the vehicle, so will buy something older and probably with a lot of miles.

Here are the candidates I have identified so far:

Chevy suburban
Ford Excursion
Chevy Express
Ford E-series

So of these vehicles and the various engines that go with them, and considering that they will be older vehicles, which will be the least headache for running on veg?

Thanks, and sorry if this was already discussed the search function is not working for some reason.
December 03, 2016, 08:27 PM
Mr. Seadog
In my opinion the Ford Excursion with the 7.3 Powerstroke is the easiest vehicle to convert.

If you are up doing during some reading/research check out this forum:

http://www.biofuelstechnologies.com/forums/
December 04, 2016, 11:07 AM
Dana
No matter which you choose make certain to have the engines evaluated by a professional before you commit to buying it. The engines in your choices are ALL extremely expensive to fix and running VO in any of them if not in top shape (good compression..injectors spraying perfectly, etc)is very ill advised. Personally I would choose the Ford E van.

I hope that you are not planning to JUST use a vegtherm in the two tank conversion. For engine longevity you are going to have to get the VO as hot as possible and while the VT might be a component you can use it is not nearly enough on its own.
December 04, 2016, 02:49 PM
Tilly
You can not beat the Ssangyong Musso with the 2.9 litre five cylinder Mercedes diesel

December 22, 2016, 05:09 AM
Farmerpete-au
musso has inline injector pump Tilly?
July 12, 2017, 06:18 AM
lexter
My buddy has a Ford Excursion and he converted his rig to SVO.