BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Straight Vegetable Oil (SVO) as fuel  Hop To Forums  General SVO Discussion    California adjusts law about fry grease theft.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

California adjusts law about fry grease theft.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
It was a sad state of police affairs when my WVOer buddy was arrested. At one point there were over 1/2 dozen police involved (Slow Morning ?).

Some thought the WVO thing was cool, others could care less. After 30 minutes they all formed a huddle and after discussion came back with cuffs and the catch all charge of "lotiering /Prowling & possession of Burglery Tools".

Someone had to go to jail to justify all this investment in resources and time in this event(Lots of reports and manpower -6 squad cars,+ people to account for)

The case was kicked as the WVOer was not stealing grease (Not even looking at grease) had no "pumping" equipment, etc. However he did have to spend the day in the "pokey" + go thru the hassle of getting his truck out of confiscation

posted Hide Post
Was the grease used to deepfry donuts? The cops might have over-reacted if they thought their food supply was being threatened.

Cheers,
JohnO
(sorry for the humor - I'm sure it was no fun at all)

Location: Moses Lake, WA, USA | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thats crazy people pay to make or earth better ! gov just getting there hands in peoples pockets just one more time ! you cant do crap in california like no guns !

avoid paying the man

Location: airzona | Registered: June 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://frybrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11917

"You have the right to be Guilty!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marybeth:
Guy had no, pump, no grease , etc.

Cops busted him for Possession of Burglery tools (also know as a "Toolbox" if you own a pick-up truck)+ lotiering and prowling. Which in Florida means by stature "..if a law enfofcement officer feels suspions are well grounded.."

It is a catch all law used by law enforcement to "catch and release" anyone they wish. YOu can beat the rap-you cannot beat the "ride"

I'd like to see them try to make that stick - of course they only go after those who wouldn't mount a good defense. Man I'd love for them to try some stupid thing like that with me. I'd go to town. I'd then sue for pain, suffering, lost wages, mental stress - shiite I'd OWN the rendering company by the time it was done.

You might beat the rap, but you cannot beat the ride.

posted Hide Post
great one commieforina the greenest state in the nation with the most asinine laws!!! last I know Arnold owns a diesel veggie hummer!!

Location: los angeles | Registered: February 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Another problem is that some police depts DON'T know that there is a (CA) law on the books. Had my 55 gals drum, the rain lid taken away by a renderer. When I had the local cops show up and take my complaint, he didn't know what "law this would fall under". My question to him was "the grease is just like a car. It's an item that is stolen". The cop did call the renderer and ask to speak to the manager before 5 PM. The next day, two men from the renderer's company emptied their 55 and took it away. I was standing there with my 55 drum. Haven't had any more problems. I brought a hard copy of the CA law to the police headquarters.