New
Find
Notify
Tools

IP seals
 Login/Join

posted
Hi

My IP is leaking and the bosch seal kit is silicone. Should I be looking for a kit with viton seals?

Merk
03 Jetta TDI 12 gal marine tank in trunk w/copper heat exchanger no intank connections, coolant heated copper coiled fuel filter, HIH, 10 plate FPHE & two 3 port wvodesign fuel valves. Timer/relay purge.

Location: Etna, NH | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, Try Dieselgeek for the parts you want. He also has youtube videos to walk you through it.

http://www.dieselgeek.com/TDI_...it_p/pmp-fullkit.htm

posted Hide Post
thanks Seadog

Got it there.

Merk
03 Jetta TDI 12 gal marine tank in trunk w/copper heat exchanger no intank connections, coolant heated copper coiled fuel filter, HIH, 10 plate FPHE & two 3 port wvodesign fuel valves. Timer/relay purge.

Location: Etna, NH | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did the job last night, went well and pump is sealed. So This was also an opportunity to look at the pump inards after 8 years of WVO usage. The inside of the pump was clean as a whistle. a slight tinge of color on the walls of the pump, but no crud at all. On top of the quantity adjuster there was a tiny bit of chicken skin built up on the metal parts, screws heads mostly where it could grab a holds in the slot. That was it. I cleaned that up and reassembled.

I am very conservative with switchover heat and longer purges. Don't get greedy.

Merk