I have a dieselcraft OC-20 that worked perfectly for me for a couple years. And then I moved into a couple places where I didn't really have room to filter oil (and I stopped driving). The other day I got some oil and wanted to clean it, so I pulled out all my old equipment. Unfortunately I'm not always the most forward looking human, so I had stored the dieselcraft in a less than ideal situation. When I pulled out the dieselcraft it was VERY gelled with old oil.
I washed and scrubbed it with dish soap as best I could and then put it back together and turned on the pump. And nothing came out. Ok so then I removed the cover and the centrifuge bowl, put a salad dressing container over the remaining rod sticking up and turned the pump back on. And nothing. So then I removed the check valve bolt and spring, cleaned it out as best I could, put the bolt back in without the spring and turned the pump back on. And nothing....
There's a pressure gauge immediately before the dieselcraft that's reading ~70psi. One - maybe not both - of the inline pipe heaters is definitely on. If I remove the centrifuge oil will come out of the pipe that connects to the centrifuge mount. So there must be a clog somewhere in the centrifuge mount. I soaked the whole body in hot water and dish soap last night and tried to get any sort of pipe cleaner into the centrifuge mount inlet, but it's not the easiest place to scrub out.
Does anyone have any ideas for de-clogging the centrifuge mount? Maybe something to soak it in that specifically eats VO? It's currently sitting in a tub of purple super clean so maybe I just have to be patient? Or perhaps someone has a household tool that's just perfect for getting into the OC-20 mount inlet? I'm running out of ideas here...
I did the same thing, left my centrifuge for a year with WVO still in it. Need to make sure you clean/remove an debris from the high pressure holes.
I had to very slowly and carefully heat mine with a propane torch to melt the "crudded" or gelled WVO and ran 110 degree F oil through it. After about ten minutes, it began to work the junk out and then I took away the torch and slowly worked the pressure control until it stabilized.
Hey thanks for the help. I didn't have a blow torch, but after letting the mount sit in that purple super clean for 24 hours and heating up the oil, it finally sputtered back to life.
Purple power is ok but Super clean works better according to my experience and many others agree with me. (who am I, nobody special but I have over 200,000 miles on straight vegetable oil so far and counting so I have a bit of experience with these things)
Anyway yes your doing the right thing by letting it soak in either Purple Power or Super Clean just let it soak about 2 days or so and that aught to clean it up good and dissolve any polymerized WVO.
IMO compared to Supper Clean dish soap is not going to do much as far as dissolving polymerized WVO.
In the future before storing anything used for WVO clean it first and then oil it with clean motor oil to prevent rust etc and then store it in a plastic bag to prevent accumulation of dirt or dust.
2000 E-350 7.3, cooling mist Water injection 150psi pump & one 250cc injector nozzle, Smith bros chromoly pushrods, Swamp single-shot injectors, about 200,000+ miles on SVO so far...
Although MEK is a banned solvent in many states, it can be found. It will dissolve the Poly and clean up metal surfaces quite well, BUT will DESTROY rubber. You might find MEK at home centers. When using it, wear very good quality rubber gloves is a MUST.
Caustic Lye will dissolve the poly.