BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Straight Vegetable Oil (SVO) as fuel  Hop To Forums  General SVO Discussion    Looking for help installing Frybrid System

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for help installing Frybrid System
 Login/Join

posted
I had a bad experience with Chris and am banned from his forum now. I think any questions I ask, under an assumed ID with an assumed IP, about a 6.2 diesel install will be hit with insults so I really dont want to go there even in "disguise".

I unpacked the kit and video taped it, as far as I can tell it is all there so I think my legal problems with Mr. Goodwin are now over. The video is here Unpacking the Frybrid kit

I had ordered an extra valve, tank, raptor pump and the kit. I think it is all there, but sure would appreciate having someone look it over and help me with install. Maybe someone from Victorville, Barstow, Mojave, Bakersfield or even Pismo Beach area?

Thank you!

posted Hide Post
Hi,

Glad you got your kit. There is an updated list of wvo installers on our site. Take a look. I think there are a few in your area.

Best,

Jason J
WVO Designs

posted Hide Post
Thank you for that link!

posted Hide Post
I just received my frybrid Svo kit last month after many months of waiting. Unfortunately the frybrid.com site is down and now so is the installation installation manual. Would it be possible for you to forward me the installation manual PDF if you still have access to them? I would be extremely appreciative. How did the install work out for you?

Thank you in advance

posted Hide Post
That is a nice looking product, but they ran a crazy business, which it sounds like has finally failed. Do the systems work well?

Merk
03 Jetta TDI 12 gal marine tank in trunk w/copper heat exchanger no intank connections, coolant heated copper coiled fuel filter, HIH, 10 plate FPHE & two 3 port wvodesign fuel valves. Timer/relay purge.

Location: Etna, NH | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've heard good things about the product and terrible things about the service. The kit seems of high quality, but I couldn't attest to how it functions as I've not yet installed it. Acquiring a frybrid installation manual is high on my priority list. If anyone has any experience installing one of these kits and still has the installation manual, I'd greatly appreciate acquiring a copy.

posted Hide Post
Where are you located? I'm in Los Angeles and can help if you're near here.

posted Hide Post
Any help would be most appreciated. I'm new to the scene and am located in San Francisco. Unfortunately it looks like I missed the boom as I'm finding the local Svo community hard to come by.

posted Hide Post
Any luck in getting an install manual? for more specific help. The "brain" is the most difficult to hook up correctly.

posted Hide Post
The frybrid site is back up and I was able to download the manual, now it's just a matter of putting it all together (correctly). Thanks for following up.

posted Hide Post
Great! It is a straight fwd process to install. Hardest part is to thread the HIH under the car and anchor it. GreaseCar has a nifty dual hose clamp that makes the job much easier. I'll look for the clamp on the web and post it. Good luck and keep us updated.

posted Hide Post
I have a hard time with suggesting any sales to GreaseCar. They doesn't like constructive criticism about helping a greaser who purchased a used GreaseCar system that didn't have an installation manual. To help a fellow greaser, here is the info about the hangers. Check out the pictures on their Products Page.

Greasecar Hose Hanger Set
in Hose & Tubing

$20.00
SKU: AC-Hose Hanger Set
Greasecar 5/8 Heater Hose Hanger Set for holding heater hose under your vehicle! 5/8" ID Heater hose hangers, complete with self-tapping mounting screws. Each hanger is equipped to hold 2 hoses. Kit comes with 5 hangers, and 5 mounting screws, perfect for hanging your heater hose!

(5) 5/8 Hose Hangers
(5) Self Tapping mounting screws
Price: $20.00

posted Hide Post
Found the item: Mc MasterCarr, Double-Line Snap-In Plastic Clamp #7429K46, 5/8" to 3/4" dia hose, pkg of 10 for $7.96. Suggest using almost the entire 10 units. Might suggest #10 or #12 short, self-taping sheet metal screws. The hose when it becomes hot from the engine coolant water, the heater hose with no aluminum tubing tends to sag, therefore mount the clamp rather close to each other.

posted Hide Post
This is all great information Dragonfly. I do love Mc MasterCarr for the various projects I've gotten myself into. Thanks for looking out. I'll be running aluminum tubing, but I'll be taking your advise on the clamp placements. Again, many thanks.

posted Hide Post
Glad the info is helpful. A few suggestions since you will be installing the aluminum tubing, (1) use poly compression ferrels (Home Depot) and (2) leave about 1/4" sticking out, then the ferrel, then the compression nut; (3) leave enough slack (large curving bends) in the HIH length for future adjustments. I've installed the Frybrid in my MB 300SDL and another "Frybrid system" in my 1969 Chevy 3/4 ton PU. I installed a Perkins 6 cylinder, 354 ci., turbo, 180hp diesel mated to a Fuller/Spicer 10 speed pneumatic tranny.