Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Frybrid Website Closing
 Login/Join

posted
For what it is worth Chris Goodwin announced yesterday (3/3/2014) he would be shutting down the Frybrid at the end of its current billing cycle. At one time it was a very informative website and it was a good run while it lasted.

posted Hide Post
I have no idea who that is.

But if someone does know who that person is, please have him inform all his users to come to our forum, if they are not already.

or, if someone knows how to contact him, please PM me.

Location: Columbus, GA, USA | Registered: September 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks like the site will close in July at the latest. Is anyone doing anything to archive the useful information that is posted on it? There is a LOT of good stuff posted there by both the owner and the members. It would be a shame to see it go into the trash heap just because the owner lost interest.

posted Hide Post
Its gone...Google can no longer find it.

posted Hide Post
The Frybrid site is not closed. Only the forum has been discontinued.
http://www.frybrid.net/index.htm

posted Hide Post
It would seem the site is back up and working. Including the forum. I dont know if this is a fluke, or if it's back up for good, but it seems to be working for me now.

Location: On my computer at this moment :) | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I don't know the details of the folks who have had problems with Chris not shipping product. I ordered a kit for my '80 MB 300D right at the start of all the difficulties. I received the kit on time, and all the parts included in the box. Even with later Frybrid purchases, the parts came on time.

It is a shame that the Forum is passing away. It was a good platform for ALL greasers, new and old, to share ideas freely. I do think there was a lot of frustration not being able to contact Chris with some type communication. There were problems with some orders and the problems might have been solved differently. We all suffer for not having a great source of info and products.

posted Hide Post
IT DOES SEEM TO BE OPERATIONAL, TODAY!

Merk
03 Jetta TDI 12 gal marine tank in trunk w/copper heat exchanger no intank connections, coolant heated copper coiled fuel filter, HIH, 10 plate FPHE & two 3 port wvodesign fuel valves. Timer/relay purge.

Location: Etna, NH | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Caveat emptor. Little more need be said.

Cheers, John