Find
Notify
Tools

Single Tank Role Call
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Louis Young:
I run a Plant-drive Vormax and Veggie-Therm on a 82 240d 4-speed with a 300D motor...

I should add I did not increase the size of the fuel lines from the tank as recommended...Have not needed to so far, and I am lazy....(Sorry Craig Reese!).....

I have '91 350SD Mercedes and just bought the same Vormax/Veggie-Therm system to install. I was wondering about the need to add the larger diameter fuel lines, especially when looping the return...

Anyone out there have thoughts/experience on this? I live in South Florida where it's only dropped below freezing twice since 1988 when I moved here.

Thanks!

Nathan

2001 Excursion
Stock diesel tank, plus 55 aux WVO tanks from Northern tool. HIH to Raw Power pump (stock pump plumbed parallel as a backup). 30 plate FPHE, 203* tstat, heated canister filter, Thermometer controlled Vegetherm mega in case I ever want to visit Alaska and need a bit of a boost. Mechanical selector and loop valves plumbed into floor left of drivers seat. 249k miles--75k on biodiesel/WVO.

Location: Florida | Registered: May 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And for the record, what exactly is RUG?

2001 Excursion
Stock diesel tank, plus 55 aux WVO tanks from Northern tool. HIH to Raw Power pump (stock pump plumbed parallel as a backup). 30 plate FPHE, 203* tstat, heated canister filter, Thermometer controlled Vegetherm mega in case I ever want to visit Alaska and need a bit of a boost. Mechanical selector and loop valves plumbed into floor left of drivers seat. 249k miles--75k on biodiesel/WVO.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skinflint:
And for the record, what exactly is RUG?

Regular Unleaded Gasoline

Alvin
'01 F250 7.3 4x4 Lariat Crew
'95 Mercedes Benz E300 D

Location: Seattle | Registered: January 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have '91 350SD Mercedes and just bought the same Vormax/Veggie-Therm system to install. I was wondering about the need to add the larger diameter fuel lines, especially when looping the return...

5/16" lines fit over the stock fuel fittings when you leave a short piece of hose on there.
3/8" is always better to use for long runs(like front to back)

Not sure it is worth bypassing the stock steel lines running from tank to engine bay. I would keep those and just use 5/16" line to splice in your components.

posted Hide Post
Gotcha. Thanks guys--having the turbo and injection pump rebuilt, and then I'm plumbing in new heaters. Can't wait!

2001 Excursion

posted Hide Post
Hi;
I'm new member in this forum. I have a 1985 300D single tank.I live in Puerto Rico means tha it's hot all time. Only remove fuel tank filter,remove line filter and install fuel/water separator with 30 microns filter.Also before put on a tank I filter under 400microns filters and works very fine. I used veggie oil for at least 5 years running without problem.

Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: July 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
This needs to be bumped up.

300d om603 totally unmodified except to reverse the fuel supply and return lines under the bonnet.... ( bypasses the in tank filter ) - 100% used chip oil - (10% petrol in winter ) Only had one stuff up on a -3deg C..not enough petrol in the mix.She's done 90000 glorious kms on veg oil, nearly at 400 000 kms total

Landcruiser 1hz diesel unmodified - 50% chip oil 50% diesel ( work vehicle )

MB ML270 that I will run on biodiesel one day. Just don't have the testes to do the vege oil journey in this car.
( ps this car have quite a few engine design faults that must be rectified by the new owner...evidently the boffins at MB feel that 125000 ks is the engine lifespan nowdays. )