BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Straight Vegetable Oil (SVO) as fuel  Hop To Forums  Single Tank Systems    What about using a dc heating element?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What about using a dc heating element?
 Login/Join

posted
So I saw this dc water heating element http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-Wat...&hash=item5d42e70236.
Seems like a interesting way to heat the fuel in the fuel in the tank. I know alot of people use heating elements when filtering. Has anyone tried using an element in the tank?

posted Hide Post
any resistive heating element will work with either AC or DC. Just need to ensure the wiring will support the current the heating element will draw given the voltage.

Use Ohm's law to compute.

Location: Columbus, GA, USA | Registered: September 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought that the built in thermostat on the aforementioned heating element seemed like a smart idea