BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Straight Vegetable Oil (SVO) as fuel  Hop To Forums  Single Tank Systems    1998 mercedes 300d turbo diesel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1998 mercedes 300d turbo diesel
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone converted one to single tank? Why will a 1985 work but not a 1998? I was going to try injection line heaters, fphe, glow plug heater with coolant over ride and a lift pump.

Robert
In Fort Lauderdale running a 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD 2 veg tanks HOH 2 upgraded greasecar vavles 3/8 fuel line 5/8 heater line HOH Hose wrapped filter. Injector Line heater on the Common Rail. 2nd car 2005 Mercedes CDI, Raw Power fuel pump, 36 gallon veg tank in trunk coolant heated HOH, rubber hose wrapped fuel filter, FPHE, 3 greasecar valves, Common rail line heater.

Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL | Registered: June 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not converted the computer controlled MB, but have converted 3 of my own vehicles to VO. The '79 thru '87 MB engines have mechanically controlled IPs. The engine is almost bullet proof. Easy to convert to single or dual tank. Single tank conversions need very clean and FAT FREE VO. A fellow Greater San Diego Greaser member's wife had a '86 MB TD single tank conversion. She uses the TD as her daily driver. Her biggest complaint was getting stuck on the freeway with a plugged VO filter - you know what the dinner time conversation was - only after 200 miles or less!

He had a heated up-flow cleaning system. I suggested filtering his "clean up-flowed VO" through my SimpleCentrifuge system without heat of any kind - COLD. I received 4 cubbies of his best cleaned oil. I ran the cubbies at ambient temp (70F) at 1/2 gal/min. At the completion, the CF had removed a little more than ONE GAL of fat - saved it to show the amt. Ran the CF VO in her car with no plugging of the VO filter, i.e. a happy wife. Needless to say he purchased a turnkey AbsoluteCenrifuge and cleans the TDs VO cold but sets a digital heater to 140F and cleans VO for his other two vehicles - MB and Dodge conversions.

posted Hide Post
Actually it worked great we got an elsbit style kit that added new injector tips (lower pop pressure) coolant heated FPHE. Long glow glow plugs. It starts better with an add on electric booster lift pump. Yesterday we added a water injection system. To help keep it clean. Running great.

Robert
In Fort Lauderdale running a 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD 2 veg tanks HOH 2 upgraded greasecar vavles 3/8 fuel line 5/8 heater line HOH Hose wrapped filter. Injector Line heater on the Common Rail. 2nd car 2005 Mercedes CDI, Raw Power fuel pump, 36 gallon veg tank in trunk coolant heated HOH, rubber hose wrapped fuel filter, FPHE, 3 greasecar valves, Common rail line heater.

Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL | Registered: June 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post