New
Find
Notify
Tools

new to SVO-need help
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I've recently been learning about using vegetable oil as fuel and am quite intrigued. I have to admit though that I am quite new to the whole mechanics/vehicle side of things, as I am more on the environmentalist side of the fence.

I recently purchased a V GOLF and am looking to make the conversion to using vegetable oil as fuel. I would really appreciate if someone would be able to break things down in terms of what I need to do in as little mechanic language as possible.

Many thanks in advance.

Rick

posted Hide Post
also, i live in canada where it is only above 20C for 3-4 months of the year. we have about 3-4 where it is between 0 and 15C, and then the rest of the time it is anywhere from -10C to -40C. would a 2 tank system be better in this situation?

posted Hide Post
You need a two tank system for sure. See your other post.

Robert
In Fort Lauderdale running a 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD 2 veg tanks HOH 2 upgraded greasecar vavles 3/8 fuel line 5/8 heater line HOH Hose wrapped filter. Injector Line heater on the Common Rail. 2nd car 2005 Mercedes CDI, Raw Power fuel pump, 36 gallon veg tank in trunk coolant heated HOH, rubber hose wrapped fuel filter, FPHE, 3 greasecar valves, Common rail line heater.

Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL | Registered: June 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post