BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Straight Vegetable Oil (SVO) as fuel  Hop To Forums  Single Tank Systems    Airtex Master E2236 fuel pump. ~50PSI
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Airtex Master E2236 fuel pump. ~50PSI
 Login/Join

posted
Recently i have been driving with low power only ( casual speed to 55, but no gun it and go power). I figured i was simply pushing my luck with the 100% vo as temps have dropped during this same period. Today, returning home from my employer, the truck would not pull itself up the last incline to my driveway. Thank goodness my wife ( who is very supportive of my vo interest ) was home and we pulled it in the yard with our skid steer. ( I think i can still proclaim it has never left me stranded on the road.)

I changed the filter but the fuel pressure is only 14psi and should be around 50psi in this truck.

Called the local parts stores and the Airtex Master E2236 is available for $152.00 with next day delivery. Anyone with bad experience on this pump?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DN,

David Norwood

2001 F350 7.3 DI purchased new by me and it is the first DI experimented with and talked about on this forum.

Updated 1/2011 Alternative Fuel User Since 2003-vo is always in my fuel. Only one fuel tank. GPI/CIM-TEK spin on filterhead and 10 micron filter. Superchip. Hutch and Harpoon mods 2010. Diesel inline filter between tank and Airtex E2236 fuel pump (rated to 110 psi).Fuel pressure gauge. HOH for fuel line heat from tank to 12v lift pump. Two 12v 36" heaters, one before add on filter and one before OEM filter.

Cool weather mixes updated 2010. 100% vo to 70°. 66% to 35°. 50% to 10°.

Location: Upstate South Carolina , USA | Registered: December 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Problem does not appear to be the pump. Please follow this link and respond on that thread.

http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/ev...05106403/m/736105562

PS My old pump is an Airtex E2236. It has been on my truck for several years. I tested it with direct power and a gauge and the pressure exceeded 70psi quickly.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DN,

David Norwood

2001 F350 7.3 DI purchased new by me and it is the first DI experimented with and talked about on this forum.

Updated 1/2011 Alternative Fuel User Since 2003-vo is always in my fuel. Only one fuel tank. GPI/CIM-TEK spin on filterhead and 10 micron filter. Superchip. Hutch and Harpoon mods 2010. Diesel inline filter between tank and Airtex E2236 fuel pump (rated to 110 psi).Fuel pressure gauge. HOH for fuel line heat from tank to 12v lift pump. Two 12v 36" heaters, one before add on filter and one before OEM filter.

Cool weather mixes updated 2010. 100% vo to 70°. 66% to 35°. 50% to 10°.

Location: Upstate South Carolina , USA | Registered: December 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ive never had any problems with Airtex Master E2236 fuel pump. this is the best pump that ive been using for more than 3years..