BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Algae  Hop To Forums  Algae Biodiesel    Can someone send me algae?

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can someone send me algae?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi to everyone!!!
I am interested to grow algae for biofuels, and wonder if anyone could send me some kind of algae that multiplies rapidly and provides 40-50% of lipids. I read that Botryococcus Brani gives 80% but that multiplies very slowly for approximately 72 hours to double. So if someone has already grown some kind of algae to produce biodiesel, if you can send me the algae or at least tell me which type is best for production of biodiesel algae who rapidly multiply ?

posted Hide Post
Blue Green Algae, are also good. They mainly blooms in Lakes.

Location: 110 Riverside Dr, Cambridge, MD 21613 | Registered: September 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So did you find any good Algae for yourself Sine?

Location: 1905 Willow Ave, Weehawken, NJ 07086 | Registered: September 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you find blue green algae usable or of any use for you and if yes then here are few pics of it.You just inform me if you want any from the given few.

Location: Pacific Crt Kelowna, BC | Registered: September 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello,

I am selling some algae that is used in biofuel production. It is a species known as Botryococcus braunii, and has a very high lipid content. They have a doubling time of 3 days, but are optimum for producing biofuel.

I have 4 agar slants of the species. Normally this species is sold for about a $100 USD, but I can sell it to you for $50 USD.

Let me know if you are interested.

--Kgaur