BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel Connections  Hop To Forums  Australia Biodiesel    Fuel Prices (Personal Album)

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts

Closed Album Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Fuel Prices
 Login/Join

by Tony from West Oz (The Wizard of Oz) (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Latest prediction for Australian Fuel Prices in 2010.

Location: Perth W.Australia | Registered: August 10, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
And what will that do to the price of WVO?

I know a WVO collection business might be for sale... should we form a syndicate and buy it?

In so doing at least look after ourselves as Terry admonished us to do...

Location: west of the black stump (sometimes) | Registered: September 04, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The following article is an example of the "multiplier effect" of rising oil costs on a commodity. It is not just the cost of the container that rises, it will be extra sundry expenses on the farm, it will be various transport expenses, bigger fuel bills for power and refrigeration. Add 10% for the container, add 10% for transport, add 10% for this and that.

People tend to only look at the pump price of fuel. The end of cheap oil is going to have far reaching effects that are not even on the radar right now. Just think of how much of the Australian work force relies upon the future of tourism and other disposable income activities. Now just try to figure out where a large proportion of those people will be re-employed.

On a lighter note, I see that the U.S. has re-elected Bush.

Oil prices push up the cost of dairy processing
by ABC Rural News (Au)

The cost of a litre of milk could be about to get dearer, as dairy processors are hit by high world oil prices.

The price of plastic milk bottles has gone up by almost 10 per cent in the past four months, due to the petro-chemicals used to make them.

And that's adding to the higher cost of freight and packaging, not to mention running irrigation pumps on pasture.

Chris Pensini, from Hastings Valley Dairy in New South Wales, says some of those costs may be passed on to shoppers, if oil goes higher.

"I'm predicting, at the moment, probably one further increase with the price of oil where it is; so I would think we would see another price rise, maybe another 4 per cent, before Christmas comes our way.

"And as I say, we'd probably have to then look at passing some of those increases on to consumers unfortunately."

Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: October 05, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have noticed that the price of cooking oil is steadily increasing in our stores. How is it over there ?

regards
dva

Location: Yorks,England | Registered: June 30, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't looked at vegetable oil, but I have noticed a few items at the market are now more expensive.

Article on Australian debt (I understand England is the same)

Australia's House of Debt
by Wanda Fish

Will 2005 be a prosperous year for Australians? That depends on whether you’re the typical Australian householder carrying the debt load or you’re Peter Costello, shedding the government’s debt.

Most Australians are too busy working to pay off mortgages, HECS fees, medical bills, insurance, credit cards, and personal debt to care about the government’s debt. We will literally be “working until we drop” because our combined household debt has now outstripped our total income. For every $100 we earn, we owe $130.

Article

Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: October 05, 2000Report This Post