BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Acid Esterification    AE of animal fat (Personal Album)

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
AE of animal fat
 Login/Join

by estB100 (created on )Gallery | Comments 
picture of my collected animal fat drippings

This message has been edited. Last edited by: estB100,

Location: Philippines | Registered: June 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I mix that crud with glycerol and sawdust and use it for heating fuel in the woodstove.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
looks similar to one of my sources titrates to 15 koh tan brown with lots of food bits but the whole lot is rock solid no liquid around the perimeter. The good thing is it is always bone dry if you remove as much food bits as possible i filter from 1.0mm down to 125um using lab sieves. I seem to have a harder time with my soya oil as it contains bound moisture I think this stuff is great with AE and base using koh.
regards andy

Location: south australia | Registered: November 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yea?

heat it to melting and check the titration?
it might not need AE..

no matter make sure it used during the hottest part or your year or blended to keep it liquid

-dkenny

'84 bluebird school bus, DD8.2L turbo( 4/2011, the bus tranny has died..Frown 8.23.11 bus driven to scrap yard Frown )
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Smile - the wife's
99 dodge 2500 5.9l 24v..-mine Smile
everything run B100 when its warm enough Smile

Location: RTP, North Carolina | Registered: December 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dkenny:
yea?

heat it to melting and check the titration?
it might not need AE..

no matter make sure it used during the hottest part or your year or blended to keep it liquid

hi dkenny,
yes i heat it to melt at around 60C, fresh batches titrates at 5-10 KOH. But left for a few days, titration goes thru the roof too. Will continue posting pictures and test results. Keep me posted too for possible solution to titration going up...regards Ed

Location: Philippines | Registered: June 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gilfish:
looks similar to one of my sources titrates to 15 koh tan brown with lots of food bits but the whole lot is rock solid no liquid around the perimeter. The good thing is it is always bone dry if you remove as much food bits as possible i filter from 1.0mm down to 125um using lab sieves. I seem to have a harder time with my soya oil as it contains bound moisture I think this stuff is great with AE and base using koh.
regards andy

hi gilfish,

My fresh batches titrates at 5-10 KOH but goes up to 30up
when stocked for around a week. Maybe because of the high water content.
Will continue posting test results...regards.

ed